Celtic confirmed for August 8th friendly at COMS

DontLookBackInAnger said:
lisbon 67 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
BlueT said:
I think the atmosphere will depend on how many fellow Blues turn up. Me and my mates will be there as usual, and hopefully 30,000+ other Blues.

I would think(if Celtic can bring 6k)low to mid 30s might be possible, as a total.
Celtic will bring more than 6,000 m8.

I'm just going off the figures Celtic fans have been giving, the fact remains that forgetting Celtic for a second, it's unlikely City can draw more than 27k or so(and that's doubtful in the middle of holiday season), which means, unless you guys bring over 20k a full house isn't going to happen. It's as much about City, as it is an attack on Celtic. Now IF and it's a big IF the ownership reduce the ticket prices, which they didn't last year(although different owners), all bets are off. Last year was pectically bad(in terms of turn out)at least in part because our season had already started and the only new signing, we had at the time on display was Tal Ben Haim(not someone many people will rush out and buy tickets to see).

Like a couple of posts i've written, you haven't paid any attention taking only what you want from it (nornally turning it into a negative). I never said it would be a full house at any time, I focused solely on the away allocation indicating that as opposed to some of the European clubs bringing a few hundred fans, Celtic have the potential to bring a few thousand and bump up the gate. I accept that Celtic are not looked upon as a big draw in a lot of peoples eyes but too many are ignorant to acknowledge the support they have round the U.K.

I think a crowd of around 35,000 for a pre-season Friendly would be good for during the holiday season. There was around that for the game in Glasgow last August and there would have been a lot more (game was free to season ticket holders) had the weather not been so bad.

As an aside, a wee note to Blue Cigar, "Thistle faced fuckards" please elaborate, i'm curious.

Like a couple of posts i've written, you haven't paid any attention taking only what you want from it (nornally turning it into a negative). I never said it would be a full house at any time, I focused solely on the away allocation indicating that as opposed to some of the European clubs bringing a few hundred fans, Celtic have the potential to bring a few thousand and bump up the gate. I accept that Celtic are not looked upon as a big draw in a lot of peoples eyes but too many are ignorant to acknowledge the support they have round the U.K.

I think a crowd of around 35,000 for a pre-season Friendly would be good for during the holiday season. There was around that for the game in Glasgow last August and there would have been a lot more (game was free to season ticket holders) had the weather not been so bad.

As an aside, a wee note to Blue Cigar, "Thistle faced fuckards" please elaborate, i'm curious.
How the fuck is anything I have written negative towards Celtic? I agree with you in terms of the Celtic allocation you guys will sell out(and more). In terms of attendance my issue is ONLY about the other 41,500 seats in the ground and selling them.

If Celtic sell their 6,000 ticket allocation (which I think we will), will you give us more tickets do you think? Or will the surplus be in the home end?

Great choice opf team for pre season got a bunch of mate coming down from glasgow, they seem to think the numbers will be around 15,000 from jockland!
All of them assure me that there wont be any trouble, plenty of songs about the rag strachan and ex rangers man ferguson!!
Should be a good atmosphere and just what we need before 1st game of season

rorylando45 said:
If Celtic sell their 6,000 ticket allocation (which I think we will), will you give us more tickets do you think? Or will the surplus be in the home end?

The most anyone ever gets is 6,000 (if other team can sell that much in FA Cup) it already means 3,000 season card holders have to move. There is internal segregation, that can be moved internally round the concourse, and if it was moved futher there would be no turnstyles for city fans at the South Stand end, just at the North Stand. Even though you can walk round it would not constitute safe access and egress etc.

This match will not sell out though, there will be 15,000 spare.

Alright lads
Came on here to say what your lot were saying about the game vs Celtic and apart from a few most dont favour Celtic over the huns as was expected and im not on here to sound like a suck up saying "we wont do what rangers did to your city" that was funny in two ways they recked your city the city with 2 of the most modern football clubs in the world and also it showed them up for the whole world which was nice
Celtic will sell out there allocation if its 6,000 however this is only a week before our league starts so yes yous will pump us but unless your 'loyal' fans show up and its not a family day out in the home end then be prepared for the big nasty Celtic songs

oh and religion between us two is dying down these days its all hyped up by the media - its more to do with politics and general hatred so there you go - it would be good if your lot dont sell your allocation if we could get more tickets but what has been said about the seperation etc then it most likely wont be

Remember 30,000 down for KEANO'S Testimonial a few years ago

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.