Celtic Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has indeed. We have witnessed the vast majority of Scotland and it’s population pay respect to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, whilst a tiny small minded minority, based on their politics and anti English stance have made fucking arses of themselves.

Those doing it in here can go fuck themselves.
The majority of Scotland supports them, sure, but not the vast majority. But that's the kind of impression you get when you have 10 straight days of TV insisting that the whole country is in mourning

In reality there are a lot of people that dislike our overlords, and while this banner was very likely made just to piss off Rangers fans, it was still nice to see a bit of 'disrespect'

Don't see the benefits of politics or religion in football, as no one has ever said "those none biased tribal football fans made a great point the other night, singing about Europe, whilst pissed and high on coke"....

Football comes with tribalism or cultism. Tribalism I can live with, but the cultist element is fookin strange..!!

To completely change the conversation and back up what I posted in debate with Magicpole a few weeks ago, here we go. Completely flies in the face of the "these diddy clubs should take our green/blue pound" arrogance. Kilmarnock been in similar boat to St Mirren, cutting old firm away tickets which has lead to an increased home gate. Great to see, well done St Mirren.

The majority of Scotland supports them, sure, but not the vast majority. But that's the kind of impression you get when you have 10 straight days of TV insisting that the whole country is in mourning

In reality there are a lot of people that dislike our overlords, and while this banner was very likely made just to piss off Rangers fans, it was still nice to see a bit of 'disrespect'

I just don't get that. If you class yourself as a decent human being, why is it nice to see disrespect? Why is it nice to see scores of kids turning their back, middle finger in the air singing Lizzie's in a box? What's that teaching the next generation?

I just don't get that. If you class yourself as a decent human being, why is it nice to see disrespect? Why is it nice to see scores of kids turning their back, middle finger in the air singing Lizzie's in a box? What's that teaching the next generation?
I said 'disrespect', as in I don't think it's actually that disrespectful. I was also referring to that particular banner and song, I didn't mention the other stuff.

Hopefully it will show that it's OK to not show deference if you don't believe it's been earned

Prince Andrew had consenting sex with a Seventeen year old young woman Hardly the actions of a Irish Catholic preist buggering young boys.
It depends what the age of consent is. In some states it is 18.

And Andrew is almost 60. On what level is it fine for a man, whatever his background, to have sex with someone 50 years his junior?

It is indefensible.

Last edited:
I said 'disrespect', as in I don't think it's actually that disrespectful. I was also referring to that particular banner and song, I didn't mention the other stuff.

Hopefully it will show that it's OK to not show deference if you don't believe it's been earned

But you then see what disrespect can lead to. And people wonder why this gets passed down from generation to generation in Scotland.

I stay in 1 of the most pro protestant villages in central Scotland. It's difficult,but l I try to teach my boys that there's many views and beliefs, many races and religions, some you won't understand, but to try and be respectful for the views of others as far as possible.

Now, that might make me a bit of a soft ****, but my job is to try and raise well rounded little humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.