Celtic v City post match

Re leaving out Stones (and other selections) weren't most saying last season that we prioritised CLP and should have made PL priority?

What a great game. I just thought Fernandinho could have had a bit more help a bit earlier but what the fuck do I know. Fair play to Celtic and its fans what an atmosphere. To come back 3 times showed great spirit and strength. Sterling again absolutely mint mate. A point away is a good result given all that. I am loving this side and spirit.

We struggled a bit due to their high pressing, and definitely missed Stones and his passing, but their goals came from individual errors so hopefully we should be able to cut them against Spurs. Overall it has been an enjoyable match, but there is a bit of regret because without that Kolarov mistake i think we would have easily won it in second half.

And could have scored more. Their goals had a very large element of luck about them. The og was ridiculous bad luck. Conceded goals at psychologically key moments but still had bottle to come back

This. One offside, one og, and one outrageous howler. Second half we were much better and on the balance of things i'd say probably should've won.

Does anyone not actually think that other manager's haven't tried this closing down thing before against Guardiola? It's not rocket science. Celtic couldn't keep it up last night, and the only problem was that we were quite awful in the final third.
yeah we only scored 3 awful!!

Aye I think I've seen that on forums from various Scottish clubs.
It's a shame - from what I've seen on my travels the less you see of the police the less agro you actually get.
Germans are great with the Policing - visible without being OTT.
PSG last season was good too - they smiled and allowed pics, took laid back approach and everyone enjoyed themselves
50 coppers where we exit after being held in and none when we get to the streets!

I thought we were awful last night in the main. Poor in possession. Too easily harried (reminds me of the Pellegrini days!). The only saving grace was our ability to come back not once but three times.
Looks to me like we've not learned any lessons playing against sides with intensive high pressing. Disappointing. I can only hope the players "missing" last night find their way back pretty damn quick because Barca will be rubbing their hands watching that. Come to think of it Klopp will have enjoyed that and Pochettino! Upside? We're still unbeaten after a crap performance. How many teams can say that.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.