Celtic v City post match

Does anyone not actually think that other manager's haven't tried this closing down thing before against Guardiola? It's not rocket science. Celtic couldn't keep it up last night, and the only problem was that we were quite awful in the final third.

Exactly, Mcmanawank said opposition teams will now copy what Celtic did and press us high up the pitch and we will have more teams giving us problems. Celtic were camped in there own half for much of the second half looking for the draw- we were the ones pressing for a goal and as you say its just the final third yet again that stopped us coming away with the win.

Pressing isn't fucking rocket science-the difference is we press with far superior players who are comfortable in tight spaces and have the outlet ball to back it up.We do it as part of our training regime on a daily basis and not just for specific games as Celtic and Rogers did last night.We created numerous chances in the penalty box but didn't get the run of the ball-they scored there three goals and created very little else.

Fancy us to comfortably beat Spurs at the weekend.

I thought we were awful last night in the main. Poor in possession. Too easily harried (reminds me of the Pellegrini days!). The only saving grace was our ability to come back not once but three times.
Looks to me like we've not learned any lessons playing against sides with intensive high pressing. Disappointing. I can only hope the players "missing" last night find their way back pretty damn quick because Barca will be rubbing their hands watching that. Come to think of it Klopp will have enjoyed that and Pochettino! Upside? We're still unbeaten after a crap performance. How many teams can say that.....
Parts of our game were poor. We weren't at our best, but "awful", and "crap" is nonsense. You also have to respect the opposition in football.

i usually watch one of the US broadcasts, but i streamed the match on BT...wow. the match commentary was fine, but the pundits in the studio were insanely biased. said the own goal was a "beautiful goal" and that fernandinho's was a lucky scuffed shot. the only thing they really seemed to compliment was sterling's goal, but really, how couldn't you compliment that?

Exactly, Mcmanawank said opposition teams will now copy what Celtic did and press us high up the pitch and we will have more teams giving us problems. Celtic were camped in there own half for much of the second half looking for the draw- we were the ones pressing for a goal and as you say its just the final third yet again that stopped us coming away with the win.

Pressing isn't fucking rocket science-the difference is we press with far superior players who are comfortable in tight spaces and have the outlet ball to back it up.We do it as part of our training regime on a daily basis and not just for specific games as Celtic and Rogers did last night.We created numerous chances in the penalty box but didn't get the run of the ball-they scored there three goals and created very little else.

Fancy us to comfortably beat Spurs at the weekend.
Spurs will be a very tight game. Had it been in a blank week, with a full squad available, I'd back us but we go into it a little weakened in players and we wont be 100%. This is a game to grind out a win, or a draw if necessary.

Bravo - 7
Zaba - 6 Did some good stuff but also bad. Still dont think he is too old for it though
Clichy - 6?
Kolarov - 7 - He fucked up but was still confident on the ball and instrumental.
Otamendi - 7 - Gave a couple of needlass free kicks away
Ferni - 8 - Worked hard to break up attacks
Silva - 7 frustrating at times, magical at others
Gundog - 7 frusttrating at times, magical aat others
Sterling - 8 - MoM
Nolito - Scored, but was constantly making wrong choices
Aguero - 7 he played well

I am pleased with them overall.....
We didnt collapse in what was a difficult game, despite the luck mainly going Celtics way with the goals....

2nd minute goal!
OG - Good play leading up to it, and Zaba let us down that wing. But it wouldnt have gone in without Sterlings boot.
3rd goal - City mistake.

We showed character to come back time after time, despite the atmosphere, despite the luck going Celtics way, despite us being below creative par...... We didnt let the game run away from us. The team worked hard for it.

Not worried yet, though am worried the press will highlight it like Macdickhead did last night - Dont know if anyone else listend to him on BT, he was practically wetting himself and wishing City to get beat. Absolutely shocked we have to listen to that shite.

i usually watch one of the US broadcasts, but i streamed the match on BT...wow. the match commentary was fine, but the pundits in the studio were insanely biased. said the own goal was a "beautiful goal" and that fernandinho's was a lucky scuffed shot. the only thing they really seemed to compliment was sterling's goal, but really, how couldn't you compliment that?

I hated the commentary..... it was aall about how good Celtic were (Except when we scored - suddenly they were playing poor!) and how Pep had set our team up badly with playing high (Like Macdickhead knows more than Pep), and the excited tone in his voice when he realised City were losing this. The only positives that came from that commentary was the actual commentator countering Macmanamans negative commentary.

Macmanamanam, - "Please Celtic, DONT LOSE THIS GAME"

That most fucking annoyed me.

Tell you what, their league might not be the best but they dont half put our atmosphere to shame. Would love premier league games to be like that

The worst bit of our play last night was conceding the third goal within a minute of the second half kicking off. Its almost like the half time team talk didn't happen. Watching that goal, whilst Kolorov was mostly at fault, we had plenty of chances to clear the ball before then.

It was a spirited comeback each time but I don't think it was a great result. I think we should have the beating of a side containing Scott Sinclair and Kolo Toure. It could now put pressure on us with the Barca games up next. We will have to play a lot better than that to beat them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.