Cesc Fabregas signs for Chelsea (page 190)

Re: Cesc Fabregas

Lets be honest. If he's available, we should find a way to make it happen.
But not at the cost of Yaya.

i think either soriano or txiki said they would have him in a heartbeat

With the additions rumoured this season and the addition of Cesc Fabregas we can challenge for the Champions League. If Yaya Toure was to leave then competing for the Champions League AND Premier League is much harder, so if Yaya went we would need another battling/powerhouse midfielder in the squad too. This would cover us in all areas to challenge for trophies next season.

Pogba or Vidal would be ideal, but we have been linked to other players in the past who may also be capable of doing the job. I'd like to think we could keep Yaya for another couple of years and then move him on, but if these made up stories are to continue then it may be time to move him on now. I don't think he would fit into the Barca team as easily as he thinks he will anyhow, and he is better served staying with us and taking the wages we pay him.

Maybe a midfield of Schneiderlin, Fernando and Fernandinho can be rotated and do the defensive job at City, without missing Yaya too much ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2069904-premier-league-clubs-set-to-scrap-for-barcelonas-cesc-fabregas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2069 ... c-fabregas</a>

Sorry if already posted..

On 15 August 2011, in an emotionally charged day at the Camp Nou at FC Barcelona, Cesc Fabregas told the cheering crowd as he kissed the badge of his No. 4 shirt, "I have come home."

There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Kind of.

After one of the longest, most protracted transfer wrangles in living memory, even the Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was moved to say, "This was not about money, it was about him going home."

The prodigal son had returned.

But football is a fickle mistress, and as the cheers have turned to jeers, the talented midfielder from the seaside town of Arenys de Mar near Barcelona is now clearly surplus to requirements.

What is most hurtful, perhaps, is not that the club is passing the message he is for sale, but rather that they haven't announced he isn't. Home may well be where the heart is, but hearts, as we all know, can be broken.

The facts are simple. Fabregas has a buy-out clause in his contract for €40 million. Anyone turning up with that figure can have him.

In truth, however, the club is sending out the message that Fabregas is for sale. Barcelona won't negotiate on the buy-out clause, but they won't fight it either.

Had they really wanted to keep him, it simply would have been a matter of renewing his contract and sticking in a higher buy-out figure.

What we can look forward to now is an unseemly scrap as a number of clubs, almost inevitably from the Premier League, battle to secure the services of the 27-year-old Spanish international.

The Christmas after he joined Barcelona, he revealed in an interview with Sky Sports his love for his former club.

"Apart from Arsenal and Barcelona, I don't see myself playing anywhere else," he said. "I will definitely be going back (to Arsenal) whenever I have time to watch games and to see the guys, and you never know in the future, why not?"

We'll see if he still stands by those words. My information is that, contrary to many people's beliefs, Arsenal may think they have an emotional pull on the player, but they do not have a contractual first option on him.

As things stand, Manchester United, with a bulging treasure chest and a desire to invest in some of the world's best players to resurrect their fortunes, are probably favourites.

Manchester City would also presumably like him, but with the recent limitations placed on them by the Financial Fair Play inquiry, it's difficult to imagine them having the funds available to buy him. Which leaves Chelsea as the only other side likely to be looking to make a move for him.

Where he ends up will probably depend on a number of things, including what role his new club will allow him to play in their setup. One of the major problems he had at Barcelona was his inability to play as free a role as he wished, because frankly, the only player granted that particular luxury was his former La Masia compadre, one Leo Messi.

That said, with 55 appearances, 13 goals and 16 assists, he could hardly be accused of having a bad season, despite being barraged by the crowd during Barcelona's 2-1 victory over Athletic Bilbao.

It was perhaps then that both he and the club realised the time had come for him to look for a new home.

He's really close to Samir right? I'm sure he'll only hear good things about our club from Nasri and Gael.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Don't know why you'd all be so happy with signing a squad player.

Perhaps because he would immediately be one of the best midfielders in the league again?

adrianr said:

Perhaps because he would immediately be one of the best midfielders in the league again?

Was just having a bit of banter from mine and aguero 93:20's previous chat.

Fabregas is an amazing player and would be a quality signing.

adrianr said:

Are you really trying to drag this on into another thread?

aguero93:20 said:
adrianr said:

Are you really trying to drag this on into another thread?

Into the Fabregas thread, yes. I thought it might be healthy for you to get any questions you wanted to ask off your chest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.