Cesc Fabregas signs for Chelsea (page 190)

Re: Cesc Fabregas

Salford_Blue said:
Fabregas is exactly the player that Arsenal DON'T need.

Thry are crying out for a Fernandinho or a Barry type "sitting" player.

Would change their team for the better by miles

Yup, would be the same old Arsenal - all flash but not enough steel, just as we saw when they had RVP, Fabregas and Nasri in their team and didn't win the league. We're the opposite, we have style but need more steel in certain games and that is why City have prioritised defensive targets this summer like Fernando, Sagna (to give Zaba a break) and a world class CB (if every club doesn't set a £50m price tag for their defenders).

Arsenal would benefit more from signing Fernando, who is joining City, than Fabregas.

i keep hearing cesc goes missing but i can remember numerous games against lesser opposition when yaya brought his deck chair to the game.

yaya has been immense for us this season and especially in the big games but he isn't perfect, he still hasn't done it against the best in europe bar that run he went on against real madrid away and against lesser opposition in the premier league he can be very frustrating.

sam-caddick said:
i keep hearing cesc goes missing but i can remember numerous games against lesser opposition when yaya brought his deck chair to the game.

yaya has been immense for us this season and especially in the big games but he isn't perfect, he still hasn't done it against the best in europe bar that run he went on against real madrid away and against lesser opposition in the premier league he can be very frustrating.

Agreed. Both players have similar faults in their game.

As someone who doesn't follow Barca religiously, can anyone tell me if he's had an extended run in the team in Xavi's position? Because he always seemed to be in a constant state of flux to me.

Fabregas' record against City (x2), Real Madrid (x2) and Atletico Madrid (x4) last season: 0 goals, 0 assists and most notably subbed off in 7 of those 8 games after largely ineffective performances.

I watch Barca (and both Madrids) most weeks and he strikes me as a flat track bully, shining when they beat someone like Valladolid 6-0, but then doing nothing in the biggest games.

Koke would be a much better signing for us if we wanted a versatile midfielder who can play in different positions. Fabregas has been living too much off his reputation, padding his stats against cannon fodder, and the fact that after so much maneuvering and controversy in trying to re-sign him, Barca are now desperate to flog him when he's in the prime years of a footballer, should set off a few alarm bells.

He'd be a 'good' signing but not a necessary one, IMO. As I said, a luxury signing... we could do better.

There have been some interesting developments last couple days.

Fabregas is open to City.

I'll leave it there and run for the hills.

That, and I don't have anything else to expand upon.

Sagna and Fernando hope to be announced early next.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Year? ;).

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I reckon next week. What's going on centre back ? Benatia deal...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.