Cesc Fabregas signs for Chelsea (page 190)

Re: Cesc Fabregas

Ray78 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
There have been some interesting developments last couple days.

Fabregas is open to City.

I'll leave it there and run for the hills.

That, and I don't have anything else to expand upon.

Sagna and Fernando hope to be announced early next.

Year? ;).

Haha, yeah, apologies.

Next week.

LoveCity said:
Fabregas' record against City (x2), Real Madrid (x2) and Atletico Madrid (x4) last season: 0 goals, 0 assists and most notably subbed off in 7 of those 8 games after largely ineffective performances.

I watch Barca (and both Madrids) most weeks and he strikes me as a flat track bully, shining when they beat someone like Valladolid 6-0, but then doing nothing in the biggest games.

Koke would be a much better signing for us if we wanted a versatile midfielder who can play in different positions. Fabregas has been living too much off his reputation, padding his stats against cannon fodder, and the fact that after so much maneuvering and controversy in trying to re-sign him, Barca are now desperate to flog him when he's in the prime years of a footballer, should set off a few alarm bells.

He'd be a 'good' signing but not a necessary one, IMO. As I said, a luxury signing... we could do better.
Better, like who? pogba, vidal and barkley no chance because both would require vast sums of money.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Before you dig in..... would this be a Yaya contingency plan or as well as? cheers

sam-caddick said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
MCC said:
Can only see him going back to Arsenal if he moves.
To play where though?

I could see Chelsea.

I don't see him going to Chelsea, he isn't a Mourinho player in my opinion.

Arsenal need to priotize a striker or two, a defensive midfielder, a right back and arguably some better central defensive cover before they think about adding to their already immense set of midfielders.

If we didn't have FFP sanctions I reckon we would have had him snapped up by now but you never know.
Really? He's a nasty sob IIRC.

bluemcr said:
LoveCity said:
Fabregas' record against City (x2), Real Madrid (x2) and Atletico Madrid (x4) last season: 0 goals, 0 assists and most notably subbed off in 7 of those 8 games after largely ineffective performances.

I watch Barca (and both Madrids) most weeks and he strikes me as a flat track bully, shining when they beat someone like Valladolid 6-0, but then doing nothing in the biggest games.

Koke would be a much better signing for us if we wanted a versatile midfielder who can play in different positions. Fabregas has been living too much off his reputation, padding his stats against cannon fodder, and the fact that after so much maneuvering and controversy in trying to re-sign him, Barca are now desperate to flog him when he's in the prime years of a footballer, should set off a few alarm bells.

He'd be a 'good' signing but not a necessary one, IMO. As I said, a luxury signing... we could do better.
Better, like who? pogba, vidal and barkley no chance because both would require vast sums of money.

I just named one - Koke. Though I don't know how much he'd cost. We wouldn't know how much we'd have to spend until 1). we sold Yaya (probably the only way Fabregas would join) and know how much we get for him and 2). how much, if any, leftover money we have after signing a defender and selling any squad players like Sinclair.

If we signed Fernando for £13m as expected, paid £30m for a defender, sold Yaya for £30m, and made £10m from various sales, it'd give us roughly £46m to spend on a Yaya replacement and a goalkeeper unless my maths is off (never my strong point).

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Id rather have barkley

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Of course he does ;) if it's true Barcelona wants to offload him he looks around at clubs I would say we are up there in his thinking 1st choice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.