Cesc Fabregas signs for Chelsea (page 190)

Re: Cesc Fabregas

aguero93:20 said:
toffee balls said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Clichy said something about mercenaries at City IIRC. Of course that is long forgotten about now, whereas us winning the league, cup/s etc with Clichy an important part of that isn't. If you wanna be so precious that you'd rather see a world class talent sign for the rags instead of us then that's your choice but I'd be welcoming Fabregas with open arms myself.

Is he world class though.

He obviously is in his own eyes.

I would take Pedro all day long before him.
Same here, we could do with a goalscoring winger more than a Yaya replacement for next season.

You're not getting it. He wouldn't be replacing Yaya next season, him Yaya and Fern would rotate, possibly playing together in europe and certain matches. In a couple of years when Yaya's done Fabregas would effectively replace him

As for the debate of him being world class, well he's got 87 caps for Spain at only 26 years of age, he's won the world cup (setting up the winner), the Euro's twice (was named in the team of the tournament for both) amongst other individual and team honours. He was one of the best players in the prem even though he was only a kid here. Blatantly a top class player

He is at his best when he plays as the main playmaker.
Xavi still has that role and Barca have pushed him further up the pitch .
That does not suit him at all.

I think he would create similar imbalance at City.

He does not replace Yaya.
He does not replace Silva.
He cannot play wide.
He does not replace any of our holding midfielders.
He is better than Nasri but not as flexible.

The City Football Way is copying the Barca model.
We need more pace in the wide areas, both at full back and on the wings , in order to "stretch the blanket" in the words of our C.E.O.

Coleman and Luke Shaw should do it for the next 5 years minimum.

blueparrot said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
kippaxblue76 said:
If reports are to be believed that we are well advanced with Fernando then would we look to sign Fabregas as well ? I suppose if you let Garcia and Rodwell go then it would be possible.

I wouldn't expect so unless, like you say, Garcia and Rodwell go

For me Milner and Rodwell would be more likely to make room, Fabregas plays further forward than Garcia. Especially if reports that Zucculini move is off are true.

Yes but if we sign Fernando then you have him and Fernandinho as the holders and Yaya and Fabregas as the deep lying playmakers, 2 players for each position for rotation/injuries etc.

Would create imbalance?

Hart
Zaba Mangala Kompany Kolarov
Yaya Fernandinho
Silva Fabregas Nasri
Aguero

If pace is needed we could replace Navas with Nasri if we need pace.

Kun Aguero said:
Would create imbalance?

Hart
Yaya Fernandinho
Silva Fabregas Nasri
Aguero

You cannot have enough pace in a team.

Kun Aguero said:
Would create imbalance?

Hart
Yaya Fernandinho
Silva Fabregas Nasri
Aguero

That is how I would line up with all three but doubt all three could play at the same time as there simply is no pace in the side which we have lacked this season when coming up againt tough to break down defences.

If we were to get another attacking midfielder though then we are not going to get much better than Fabregas in this summer market, he started like a train this season but tailed off in the second but I reckon a lot is down to him not getting regular football.

He could play deep, not as a holding mid but as a playmaker CM.

------------Cesc-----------------------Ferna
--------------------------Yaya
Navas/Nasri------Aguero/Negredo---------Silva

That's what I'd use for the big European games. Good coverage, decent workrate and creativity from every player.

sam-caddick said:
That is how I would line up with all three but doubt all three could play at the same time as there simply is no pace in the side which we have lacked this season when coming up againt tough to break down defences.

If we were to get another attacking midfielder though then we are not going to get much better than Fabregas in this summer market, he started like a train this season but tailed off in the second but I reckon a lot is down to him not getting regular football.

I can understand the lack of pace but that front 4 could create enough enough chances, at times this season we've played Nasri, Silva, Aguero then one of Dzeko or Negredo and played football where the media have been proclaiming us as well right good football. I wonder how often Chelsea played Oscar, Hazard and Mata last season?

Kun Aguero said:
sam-caddick said:

I can understand the lack of pace but that front 4 could create enough enough chances, at times this season we've played Nasri, Silva, Aguero then one of Dzeko or Negredo and played football where the media have been proclaiming us as well right good football. I wonder how often Chelsea played Oscar, Hazard and Mata last season?

Good point, it could and probably will work and will definitely give us attractive football.

I do think the fullbacks will have to be more prominent than ever as they will have to give us the width with Silva, Nasri and Fabregas most likely wanting to go down the middle everytime.

He is world class don't care what he said in the past if he is available we should be in for him he is one of only a handful of players I think would improve our midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.