Chairman's Interview

That Liverpool team was caffeine fuelled to the hilt - allegedly and on a cocktail of other stuff.... hence the asthma epidemic - its only safe to do that stuff for a couple of season so the huge drop off was widely predicted this season.
You may recall Borussia Dortmund having a similar near catastrophic fall off in form as Klopp was preparing to leave. They were near the relegation zone for much of that season before a late rally.

Yes I have argued that us not playing DMs was insignificant as they would have made little difference to the outcome.

Pep played to create chances that is where we failed, because Chelsea have a fabulous defence. PLaying DMs would not help create, it may help solidify at the expense of creation and we were already struggling to create.

don’t want to derail the thread but how can you look at football in such a basic way? If you think his selection was to create then it went even worse than I first thought. One shot on target. Get it changed at half time when it’s clear we are playing terribly. Not playing a dm changed our whole flow, it made one of our players of the season have to drop back and play in that position. It isn’t as simple as saying we wouldn’t have stopped their goal or play either way. We weren’t allowed to know if our best selection would have done that.

back on topic, love these interviews. Always speaks so well and picks me up.

I agree, Gundo is defo not a DM and is wasted there. I cannot for the life of me work out why he started him there, it probably cost us the game, all to shoehorn an out of sorts Sterling into the starting 11 at Fernandinho's and our expense!

But continuing this on here is not the right thread so I'll not elaborate further as to not derail the thread.
Because Gundo did not play as a DM , we didnt play one at all. He played a little deeper than normal, but not as deep as a Rodri or Fernandinho plays.

If I had 1 grumble with Peps tactics, i would have played Stones Dias Laporte as a back 3 , Sterling and Cancelo as wing backs, Bernardo , Kev , Gundo in a mid 3 with Mahrez and Jesus/Sergio free up top.

Yes I have argued that us not playing DMs was insignificant as they would have made little difference to the outcome.

Pep played to create chances that is where we failed, because Chelsea have a fabulous defence. PLaying DMs would not help create, it may help solidify at the expense of creation and we were already struggling to create.
I disagree in the strongest possible terms but really can’t be arsed arguing. You won’t convince me and it seems I won’t convince you but I genuinely thought your football knowledge was better than “more attackers means more attacking”. The old days of bringing NDJ on to release Yaya showed that a midfield anchor can free up the forwards.

Anyway my point was about best Elevens.

I am sure there are so many variations on a best 11 nobody is right or wrong.

What I would consider our best eleven is probably very different to yours for a start.
The team that started against PSG and Dortmund wouldn’t have been a bad start would it.

Because Gundo did not play as a DM , we didnt play one at all. He played a little deeper than normal, but not as deep as a Rodri or Fernandinho plays.

If I had 1 grumble with Peps tactics, i would have played Stones Dias Laporte as a back 3 , Sterling and Cancelo as wing backs, Bernardo , Kev , Gundo in a mid 3 with Mahrez and Jesus/Sergio free up top.
Eh, No Foden? : /

183270170_10225732937409199_3862397589160052289_n.jpg

We will be disruptive! Like it

a big foook you to uefa for me that statement

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.