Chairman's Interview

They played no where near the number of games we did in the same period
If you look at the number of games the main players such as Salah, KDB, Walker, VVD played across the three seasons in question 2017-20 they are very similar.

Aye and they burned themselves out in the process.

That worked out well this season though, their players were shattered.

And what has happened to those players now?

Everyone’s players were shattered this season, we won the league at a canter because we had the quality to rotate and have done for three of the last four years.

The reply to rascal was that you can play the same XI every week and be successful in the modern game as demonstrated by Liverpool in those three seasons, what happened after that is irrelevant.

If you look at the number of games the main players such as Salah, KDB, Walker, VVD played across the three seasons in question 2017-20 they are very similar.

Everyone’s players were shattered this season, we won the league at a canter because we had the quality to rotate and have done for three of the last four years.

The reply to rascal was that you can play the same XI every week and be successful in the modern game as demonstrated by Liverpool in those three seasons, what happened after that is irrelevant.

What has this got to do with the chairmans interview ? and second of all I dont see how Liverpool players can have played close to the same number of games they always go out early in the cups and play much weaker teams in them than we do

Love the phrase he used a lot: ‘value added’
I will be honest I hadn’t paid that much attention to the whole CFG model, I support City simple as. My word, the whole, yes a devisive word, project is starting to flourish and I found myself hoping that Girona gain promotion.

He’ll Carl Doon for me.

Bored haha love that question:)

The man is only getting started.

How can it get any better? We are very very lucky to have Khaldoon’s leadership. Apart from buying the club the Sheikh got this appointment spot on.

What has this got to do with the chairmans interview ? and second of all I dont see how Liverpool players can have played close to the same number of games they always go out early in the cups and play much weaker teams in them than we do

It was in response to a comment on here about how it’s not the modern way to play your best XI every week.

Why wouldn’t they have played closed to the same number of games? The idea of having a large squad of quality players is that you can rotate. If Liverpool cannot rotate and we can then the number of games will be similar. There’s 38 premier league games and a maximum of 13 champions league games to get to the final, so 51 in total. Just taking one set of player comparisons in position, injury record and importance to the team Salah vs Sterling. Salah played 152 games, Sterling 149. The issue is when Salah gets injured, they bring in Origi whilst we could bring in Mahrez. That’s the benefit of having a large squad of quality but you can also be as successful by having a small squad of quality like Liverpool have shown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.