Chairman's Interview

Does the model work without the EPL then ? Are we looking at competitive games being played overseas in 10 years time ?
I assume that City FG will try to get into every major growing league. Football will be absolutely huge in China. A nation of 1.4 billion. Only a matter of time before there is some kind of meaningful international competition.

Hitherto, I thought this project was doomed to fail and hence would be a drag on City FG and eventually City because I thought it was unlikely that an outsider would make a better job than traditional owners of these clubs but it seems successful.

Look forward to his interview every year, sure its polished spin but he's not going to give out strategic thinking to the public. We have the best ownership and management in football I believe. Some of the needy people on the thread need to give their heads a wobble, we could have the Glazers in charge!
Pretty much agree, but actually he does set out in some detail the strategic thinking to achieve growth followed by consistent success.
What he doesn’t do (rather sensibly) is go into the tactics. Which individual player is needed to be bought this year? Who will be sold? Which coach is needed at which club in the group? Which club will be added to the group in which country?
The issue with these reviews is that ‘we told you what we were going to do, we did it, it worked’ gets a bit repetitive every year. Which to my mind is absolutely fucking marvellous. You cannot over stress how much of our current golden age is built on the long term, consistent and voracious appetite for success our owners bring. Looking forward to many more polished, calm and repetitive season reviews in the years to come.

Comes across as a lovely fella, but that's his job and he's very good at it. As for the global ambitions I don't care about them, I only care about our ambition in our country, when the group buys another side in another part of the world it means the sum total of jot.

So you've got different priorities from other people who want a better match going experience and who think the stadium needs investment. Good for you.
Yes my priority is watching City continually win trophies as opposed to your good self who wants sprucing up the stadia as a priority.
Glad you`re not in charge of the clubs finances !!

LOL what a pathetic statement.
Khaldoon holds the keys to one of the worlds biggest investment funds, he has the great . the good and the worlds barm pots on speed dial, he talks to them on first name terms, yet posters on bluemoon are still unhappy, words fail me.

A couple of years ago the Premier of China visited little old Manchester, did he go to Old Trafford, NO, he walked straight into the Etihad, arm in arm with our main man Khaldoon, we have come a ****ing long way.

We used to be owned by a tv rental man, with a comb over, cuban heels and shinny suits, as said, words ****ing fail me on here.

Last edited:
Yes my priority is watching City continually win trophies as opposed to your good self who wants sprucing up the stadia as a priority.
Glad you`re not in charge of the clubs finances !!

Too much of this fancy dan cock and bull going on mate, the smell of the liniment and the clatter of boots on concrete in the tunnel is all that is needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.