Champions League 1/4 final draw (PSG)

UEFA want an El Classico final, it is obvious.

With all the controversy at FIFA that would be the perfect distraction while brown envelopes continue to be passed around like confetti.

Any chance KDB will be back for the second leg? Tough match-up and we need every advantage going for us. We can beat them but we need our players to step up!

There is only really 2 or 3 decent teams in the CL nowadays, if you go back 10 years or even to the early 2000s you had 8 or 9 realistic contenders.

Football's quality is defiantly suffering across the board in terms of competitiveness. The very few big teams and best players are getting stronger but the rest of getting weaker. It is like soviet Russia a monopoly.

Even in early 2000s you had Zidane, Brazilian Ronaldo, Figo, Nedved, Henry, Ronaldinho etc.. there is a death of real top players who compete for Ballon d'Ors.

The bubble will burst eventually, the top clubs can only squeeze the money out of football so much before all the juice has gone. Kinda ironic that football will end up destroying itself because of it's own greed !!

I agree with you, football is getting boring sometimes

there are only like 3 super-teams and the rest is in a different league

I used to watch all barca games, but is alway 4-0, 5-0, 7-1 ,.... so boring after a while

Paris SG will crush the BPL again. Only three of your players would fit our team. I don't understand where you get the confidence from. You guys have big problems with great games... You lost to Leceister, and twice to Liverpool 3-0...
This is our chance to let the world know how much Paris SG projet surpasses yours. Our defense will eat Aguero alive (if he is not injured by then).
Di Maria Pastore and Zlatan will humiliate your defense.
Yes enjoy this season as next season you lose your best player and we will have the best manager in the game.

What's it like winning the French league? About as competitive as the Scottish one.

Hi there, PSG fan here :)
It will be an interesting game. A lot of us here wanted City: more prestigious than Wolfsburg or Benfica, weaker than Barça, Bayern and Real, less boring than Atletico. We know you're not gonna be at your best with Kompany and (hopefully for us) De Bryune out, but we have one problem of our own: Verratti is out for the first leg, probably for the second too. Rabiot did a good job at Stamford Bridge (and scored, which Verratti never does!), and Pastore can play at that position too, but still, Marco is our most important player in the midfield... So I'm confident, but not too much.
And about us being "rusty" since the League is already won, I think that problem can come up more if we make it to the semis. We have only two games between now and the first leg, and we play two very good teams, both times at home in Paris (so with the City game, it will make three home games in a row): Monaco this Sunday (they rank second, so PSG will want to make a statement and celebrate properly our title win in front of the fans) and, after the international break, Nice, who is now ranking third — there is a statement to be made too. So I think we will arrive in good form on april 6th — without Verratti, but probably with Serge "Big Mouth" Aurier. Good game to all and if anyone wants to talk about the incoming game, I'd be glad to!

You have the better team overall and it's kind of sad both our teams will be missing one of our best players in Veratti and Kompany. For me Veratti is your best player, full stop. He's terrific and the best central all round midfielder in the world. Kompany of course is our captain and by far best defender so we will really be weakened without him. I think both teams will score and it should make for a good attacking game. I think your youth, work ethic and power will overcome us unfortunately. But let's see. Here's to a good game.

Hi Manchester 33,

Tickets here are awfully expensive (the stadium is not that big, and fans who have a subscription (not sure that's the correct word) for the whole year have priority to get CL tickets). One can theoretically buy tickets through the viagogo platform, but they can refuse to sell it if they think (based on what? I'm not sure) that the buyers are fans of the guest team. If you are ready to pay at least 300 euros, you can come to the Parc de Princes before the games, some black market sellers will be there in the streets (I say 300 but it could be more; the cheapest tickets I see online now are around 250 euros). So my advice is to try to get some from some City fans organisations. Won't be easy either: Paris prefecture had limited to 1400 the number of seats for Chelsea fans in the 1/8, namely because of the racist metrogate last year, so maybe they will do the same with other English fans as well (as you can imagine, there are all sorts of security issues here now, so I guess that the police wants to avoid huge crowds in the streets... but at the same time we have to be ready for the Euro this June, so maybe they will let City fans get more tickets than Chelsea fans a month ago...).

There is only really 2 or 3 decent teams in the CL nowadays, if you go back 10 years or even to the early 2000s you had 8 or 9 realistic contenders.

Football's quality is defiantly suffering across the board in terms of competitiveness. The very few big teams and best players are getting stronger but the rest of getting weaker. It is like soviet Russia a monopoly.

Even in early 2000s you had Zidane, Brazilian Ronaldo, Figo, Nedved, Henry, Ronaldinho etc.. there is a death of real top players who compete for Ballon d'Ors.

The bubble will burst eventually, the top clubs can only squeeze the money out of football so much before all the juice has gone. Kinda ironic that football will end up destroying itself because of it's own greed !!
I get what you're saying but don't get all misty-eyed over the recent past. Since 1956 over 61% of European cups have been won by just 6 teams and over 71% by 8.
Nine different clubs won it in the 80's and between 1982 and 93, seven of the 10 'single winners' happened. No doubt the early 80's to the early 90's was the most competitive, as there was never a real favourite.

Interesting draw this. The media will see it as moneybank Quatar vs moneybank UAE. Personally Paris is just a 5 hours drive (about). It could have been worse or better, but I can live with this (I have to anyway).

Pity Kompany will be absent. Mangala perfect to play man-to-man vs Ibrahimovic. It's what he's good at.

PSG are clearly the favourites and hopefully that'll suit us. Already champions in a non-competitive league, so they can fully prepare for these two matches, while we need to play a final nearly every week. They will hardly have any injuries, while we ... well, let's see how many we have out by the time we play them. For starters I'd say let's play in our shiny grapy outfit at their place and see from than on.

Paris SG will crush the BPL again. Only three of your players would fit our team. I don't understand where you get the confidence from. You guys have big problems with great games... You lost to Leceister, and twice to Liverpool 3-0...
This is our chance to let the world know how much Paris SG projet surpasses yours. Our defense will eat Aguero alive (if he is not injured by then).
Di Maria Pastore and Zlatan will humiliate your defense.
Zut Alors !!! dîtes-moi. pourquoi les femmes françaises préfèrent homme étranger , en particulier en anglais et en allemand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.