Champions League 1/4 final draw (PSG)

Laurent Blanc (Paris Saint-Germain coach)
« Fate had Manchester City in store for us. They are obviously a very good club, with a very good team and good manager. Regardless this late in the competition there are only good teams. We have a lot of respect for this team, we are certainly going to look at the way they play even though we watch them a lot on television. I think it’s going to be a good match up because Manchester City’s philosophy is to play football, therefore it will be two good matches. »

Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain defender)
« It’s good because I’ve seen this Manchester City team in good form and so are Paris. I think this will be a difficult match just like any Champions League game. It will be a good match to play because they are a good team who play good football which is what we like. It’s perfect to play a game like that against a good team, and we are going to work hard to try and give Manchester City trouble because they are especially dangerous on the counter-attack. »

Kevin Trapp (Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper)
« Whatever the team is, our objective is to win and qualify for the semi finals. I think Manchester City are a great team because all the teams that play in the quarter finals deserve to be there. It’s going to be a tough match that’s for sure, but our goal is to win both games. »

Maxwell (Paris Saint-Germain defender)
« They are a very strong team with the same ambition as Paris Saint Germain, a team that is playing to win the competition. It’s going to be very difficult but we are confident, we are ready and we will do everything we can to reach the semi finals. »

He's out for the first leg, uncertain for the second.
But Paris has some greats midfielders, Pastore, Rabiot, Motta sometimes, he was hugely pressed at St. Bridge so that was difficult for him but he delivered a great pass in the second goal.
Maybe the battle of midfield will be win by City, but I think in defense and offense PSG has better cards.

No, defence is even without Vinny. Silva was great but has gone backwards, Luiz is suspect, the two are about slightly above our centre halves, mostly Paris rely on the control given by their midfield to protect them. Maxwell is better than Kolarov/Clichy in big games but Sagna is further ahead by a bigger margin over Marquinhos and Wiel. Hart is also a lot better than Trapp. Ibra is a great but not as good as Aguero these days while Cavani plays out of position and di Maria is inconsistent. Silva isn't having a great season but if he and De Bruyne are on form we have the better attack. It'll come down to midfield though as neither defence is good enough to handle the opposition attack if their midfield let's them down. Should be a good tie.

Torygraph have started it "The Petro Dollar Play off"

Not very snazzy I must agree.

Laurent Blanc (Paris Saint-Germain coach)
« Fate had Manchester City in store for us. They are obviously a very good club, with a very good team and good manager. Regardless this late in the competition there are only good teams. We have a lot of respect for this team, we are certainly going to look at the way they play even though we watch them a lot on television. I think it’s going to be a good match up because Manchester City’s philosophy is to play football, therefore it will be two good matches. »

Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain defender)
« It’s good because I’ve seen this Manchester City team in good form and so are Paris. I think this will be a difficult match just like any Champions League game. It will be a good match to play because they are a good team who play good football which is what we like. It’s perfect to play a game like that against a good team, and we are going to work hard to try and give Manchester City trouble because they are especially dangerous on the counter-attack. »

Kevin Trapp (Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper)
« Whatever the team is, our objective is to win and qualify for the semi finals. I think Manchester City are a great team because all the teams that play in the quarter finals deserve to be there. It’s going to be a tough match that’s for sure, but our goal is to win both games. »

Maxwell (Paris Saint-Germain defender)
« They are a very strong team with the same ambition as Paris Saint Germain, a team that is playing to win the competition. It’s going to be very difficult but we are confident, we are ready and we will do everything we can to reach the semi finals.

Ibra (PSG Striker)
they are nothing, i am their kiss goodnight, i will sheet on their penalty spot and then score a hatreeck. »

It'll be a nice trip to Paris for some. Big night for security precautions I'd imagine. Given our current form, and theirs, I think we'll get a good hiding.

"but Sagna is further ahead by a bigger margin over Marquinhos and Wiel. Hart is also a lot better than Trapp. Ibra is a great but not as good as Aguero these days while Cavani plays out of position and di Maria is inconsistent."

On right back psg has aurier not wiel or marquinhos, and believe me for often see playing aurier and sagna aurier is just 3 worlds above sagna...
Trapp is excellent in CL, see the two legs between chelsea and Paris.
And Di Maria is not unconsistent sincerely, his only bad match was first leg against chelsea, éventuellement with that he finished with an assist.

Telegraph ip just made my black list in hosts file.

Why? wanted a bit of info on our tie with PSG, go to their sport page, nada, top story is Dippers which does not even bother me as such.
We are not mentioned at all :-D so yep poor form that to the point i am not interested in visiting their site or reading their pieces now even if it licked our arse.

Thiago Silva is overrated. He can be got at. Costa turned him inside out for the equaliser at Stamford Bridge. If we can, for once, find a way to not isolate Sergio, get people running past him, I'm really confident that our match-winner can be more crunch than theirs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.