Champions League 2016/17: Playoff Round - Steaua Bucharest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surreally, I know 3 words/phrases in Romanian:

Buna Dimineata (Boona Dimi Nietza) = Good Morning
Multsumesc (Mult zoo mesc) = Thank You
Dobitoch = Wanker

Famously we asked my (romanian-fluent) daughter what was the Romanian for "The referee's a wanker". She said she didn't know the Romanian for referee, but....

I guess you just need to worry what man taught her the word she did know ;)

That's going to be great! How many West Ham fans will make the trip?

West Ham are actually playing in a different city which is 30 odd miles from Bucharest. However I'd expect most of them will be staying in Bucharest

Also, West Ham's match is on the Thursday night whilst ours is on the Tuesday night, so the majority of West Ham fans will be arriving after the majority of City fans have left

All booked. About £200 all in for flights and hotel but going out via Dublin and coming back through Glasgow, Tues-Thursday morning.

Our game will kick of at 21.45 local time.

For anyone there on the Monday night who is a glutton for what is presumably mediocre football (at best), it looks as though Dinamo Bucharest are at home.

Couldn't have asked for a much better draw than this. They're a known entity of course but we shouldn't have any difficulty dispatching them. Nice to get the away fixture out of the way first as well. Hopefully we kill the tie early.

LOL...I went in the early 90's , full of wild dogs, prostitutes and pot holes.

Not unlike Norwich.
images

Have a great trip all who make it over. Bit too short notice for me to go sadly, would've been nice to tick the Romanian box but nevermind. Watch out for bears and Dracula and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.