Champions League 2019/2020 season

The league is won because you are the best team in the league. For cup games you need luck of the draw and luck at important moments, Sergio's penalty at Swansea springs immediately to mind.

So far that "luck" has eluded us in the CL but whether that is by chance or design is open to question.

It will come and we'll enjoy it when it does.

Include the FA Cup in that too. We have won 4 League Cups in the last 6 years. We can certainly take the Carabao less seriously. Leicester rested their players in the LC game against us and lost, and won the PL game the very next week going full strength. When mid-table teams are only giving it that much importance, it isn't a crime for us to do the same. Nobody now talks about Klopp exiting both competitions in the first round as they are in the final stages of the biggest competitions.

Klopp *might* have regretted it if Barca had taken one of their chances, and then City win on Sunday.
He put all his eggs in 2 baskets but could still easily have ended up with nothing.

We put our eggs in 4 baskets and might win 3 of them.

Surely at some point we will make breakthrough in the Champions League and knock top side out? Next season will be our 9th consecutive season in the competition. Frustrating to get knocked out 3 years in a row by inferior side.

We show a naivety in Europe that we never show at home. Pep knows Spurs away was a wasted opportunity. They were there for taking in the second half. That said, at least we kept our league campaign on track.

When I was a kid in the 70s I really wanted a Liverpool kit but the Grattan Catalogue only had Man City kits which is what I got. I was the only kid in our school wearing a Man City kit which greatly contributed to my frequent involvement in violent skirmishes. However, I still have a soft spot for you lot which brings me on to the point I was intending to make. There's loads of really bitter City fans on this thread mouthing off about how shit the CL is and they couldn't care less about winning it. What a total pile of shite, it's what you most desire. Just have the courage to admit it.
I dont think you get it sweet cheeks.
Apart from the prem being much harder to win the CL is as corrupt as fuck. No thanks.

You could finish 4th in your league and be crowned the best team in Europe!! Bizarre??

Unless you want a League then that’s how it works.

Rather than us all putting down a competition the club desperately wants to win and a competition we’d all be leaping with joy to have won this year, the club needs to figure out why when the chips are down, we repeatedly come up short.

My druthers would be, we have an awesome Plan A, which serves us well when it comes to the Premier long haul but no real Plan B for when the tippy-tappy isn’t cutting it in a QF or semi. We are kind of seeing it in this run in as well. Scraping through with a single goal against lesser teams, needing a Kompany worldie to see off Leicester.

I’m hoping that the summer signings bring something new to the squad, not just similar replacements for older players. A new Toure to power through from midfield. A powerful striker. Signings that turn the dial up from 11 to 12.

Klopp *might* have regretted it if Barca had taken one of their chances, and then City win on Sunday.
He put all his eggs in 2 baskets but could still easily have ended up with nothing.

We put our eggs in 4 baskets and might win 3 of them.

No denying that Liverpool could still end up trophyless, but they have performed really well and exceeded the expectations in the 2 competitions they prioritized. The fixture pile up has caused our best players to play without a break every 3-4 days, and probably why our players look more tired than theirs at this stage of the season.

Unless you want a League then that’s how it works.

Rather than us all putting down a competition the club desperately wants to win and a competition we’d all be leaping with joy to have won this year, the club needs to figure out why when the chips are down, we repeatedly come up short.

My druthers would be, we have an awesome Plan A, which serves us well when it comes to the Premier long haul but no real Plan B for when the tippy-tappy isn’t cutting it in a QF or semi. We are kind of seeing it in this run in as well. Scraping through with a single goal against lesser teams, needing a Kompany worldie to see off Leicester.

I’m hoping that the summer signings bring something new to the squad, not just similar replacements for older players. A new Toure to power through from midfield. A powerful striker. Signings that turn the dial up from 11 to 12.

Looks like this is exactly what we are doing.

The longer City don't win it, the longer Pep stays. When/If Pep wins the Champions League with City, I think he may consider his work done here.

When I was a kid in the 70s I really wanted a Liverpool kit but the Grattan Catalogue only had Man City kits which is what I got. I was the only kid in our school wearing a Man City kit which greatly contributed to my frequent involvement in violent skirmishes. However, I still have a soft spot for you lot which brings me on to the point I was intending to make. There's loads of really bitter City fans on this thread mouthing off about how shit the CL is and they couldn't care less about winning it. What a total pile of shite, it's what you most desire. Just have the courage to admit it.

Ha, thanks for telling us how we feel! I'm sure every City fan would love to win the Champions League, but it's absolutely not what we most desire, as you put it. The owners presumably want it more than anything else, but we had a thread on here earlier in the season (whilst we were still in the CL) and the majority said that the Premier League was the priority. PL, CL, FA Cup, Carabao Cup is the order of priority for most fans.

So you were a plastic, figures.
Check the PL or CL thread and come back when you're not talking nonsense.

A special team is defined over a season not a knock out competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.