Champions League 2019/2020 season

So, because woeful Origi and Lucas Moura's shots went in, we should not care anymore about the FA cup or even the league? ..smh

I don’t want to close a gap in a worldwide fanbase race. That’s the most insignificant part of going for any trophy.

It’s about the glory, the prestige, not Big Jav from Jakarta and his sad **** firm of 50 mates who were all Rags last year all of a sudden become City fans the day we lift the European Cup.

They can all fuck off, I hope the power goes off on their big screen in the pub the moment we score the winner in the CL Final and they all miss it the glory hunting twats.

I agree with you on this, but in point of fact, on a week-by-week basis, @MeatHunterrr is just plain wrong. The biggest games of the PL are beamed to all corners of the planet week after week, and they're closely followed. I was forcibly struck by this when I wandered into a supermarket in Puerto Montt, which is many thousands of miles from here, in southern Chile, and they were actually playing a PL match (I think it was in 2006, and I think it was Chelsea) live in this huge supermarket. No neutral gives a toss about nearly all of the group stage matches in the CL. Even the quarter finals are not that much followed. It's only when it gets to the semi-finals that the whole football following planet sits up and pays attention. We're looking at three gala matches – the two semi-finals, and the final. I think our perspective has been skewed by the fact that this year there have been three cracking matches — us against Spurs, dippers last night, and this evening. I firmly believe that.

So, because woeful Origi and Lucas Moura's shots went in, we should not care anymore about the FA cup or even the league? ..smh
Yes, we should not care about it!. We should care about the PL and UEFA Champions League. We need to be realistic. Trying to win all competitions will not help, at least we should win it one time then we can think about winning all tournaments. No need to waste the efforts trying to achieve the almost impossible. We have to take it to step by step.

When I was a kid in the 70s I really wanted a Liverpool kit but the Grattan Catalogue only had Man City kits which is what I got. I was the only kid in our school wearing a Man City kit which greatly contributed to my frequent involvement in violent skirmishes. However, I still have a soft spot for you lot which brings me on to the point I was intending to make. There's loads of really bitter City fans on this thread mouthing off about how shit the CL is and they couldn't care less about winning it. What a total pile of shite, it's what you most desire. Just have the courage to admit it.

Sorry but the CL is far bigger globally than the PL. Ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

For what its worth, I feel that back to back premier league titles / retaining the title is far more valuable than the CL.

Just my opinion, oc.

But to retain the PL with such a fine margin for error is an amazing feat :)

To retain it & bring the fa cup home, as well as winning the league cup & charity shield is something very special for any club.

Yes, we should not care about it!. We should care about the PL and UEFA Champions League. We need to be realistic. Trying to win all competitions will not help, at least we should win it one time then we can think about winning all tournaments. No need to waste the efforts trying to achieve the almost impossible. We have to take it to step by step.

The Caraboo cup and the FA Cup are not really the reasons we exited the CL. In fact, it could help it as it keeps the rest of the squad in shape. Don't forget that both Liverpool and Spurs played PL games last week-end and had major players injured.

what will be the pot we go in when we win the PL and now an english team wins the CL-or if we finish 2nd and pool win the CL-we must have better co-efficient points than both cl finalists

what will be the pot we go in when we win the PL and now an english team wins the CL-or if we finish 2nd and pool win the CL-we must have better co-efficient points than both cl finalists

Pot 1 if we win the league, 2 if 2nd. No one gets pot 1 withing winning the league or one of the UEFA cups.

Can't understand our fans who don't give a stuff about the Champions League. The Champions League is why SM bought the club and the reason Pep is here. We are now a Champions League club. And I'm sort of old school - been going since the 60s and was at Halifax in 80 when we thought things couldn't get any worse !!!! Come on folks, try and understand the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.