Champions League 2020/21

This should be a straight forward group. As most have been for about five years.
Have City ever done straightforward? The group on a piece of paper is pretty straightforward as you say, PC, but then there's that strange atmosphere that percolates round Beswick 'n Clayton come CL time. Sometimes it works for us and sometimes it just fucks us till be pass out!

I am not blaming Marseille. The point is that it distorts the competition. Covid conditions are different across Europe but UEFA should have rules which are fair for everyone. Conditions should be the same for both legs. If the home leg has 1000 fans then so should the away leg. UEFA can't overrule governments anywhere so presumably it's a decision for politicians in each country in any event.
The competition is distorted already for numerous reasons. Some teams earn well over £500m, others less than £50m for a start.

Why should Marseille and their fans be punished because our government has decided not to allow football fans in? If you reversed the situation, we would be kicking off, or I certainly would be anyway.

There is time for our government to correct their mistake.

I

For me Barcelona the City was full of attitude and character but the Camp Nou was another soulless corporate exercise -including the match day experience of the Anthem etc

If it was a City match, I think that can skew things, top tier, behind netting etc, particularly on a champs lge night.

But of course each to their own, I felt similar about the Bernabeu in comparison to Barca.

Does the Juventus v Messi become more important for us now?

We need Barca to have a fucking nightmare in the group stages making a January transfer more likely?
Oooo well I'll be cheering alongside you lol

Have City ever done straightforward? The group on a piece of paper is pretty straightforward as you say, PC, but then there's that strange atmosphere that percolates round Beswick 'n Clayton come CL time. Sometimes it works for us and sometimes it just fucks us till be pass out!
The fact there’s no dismal CL Tourist type atmosphere at the Etihad may work in our favour

Does the Juventus v Messi become more important for us now?

We need Barca to have a fucking nightmare in the group stages making a January transfer more likely?
You couldn't script these two being thrown against eachother, I mean what are the chances of that happening?
Messi v Ronaldo for old time's sake? Oh go on then.

Gives this corrupt dogshit competition some highlight now as there is zero interest in football and European football especially.

To be fair I wouldn't worry about about gobshites on the internet, most (if not all) are media sheep , repeat shit they've read in the papers to try to sound like a Football expert . Most would eat dogshit if they read it tasted like chocolate in the Sun !
It's just like Aero

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.