Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

Agreed it needed a bit of a refresh and the possibility of playing in the same group as the Dippers or Arsenal will certainly make it a lot more interesting.

I was gutted when we went out to Madrid this year and would love to win it next season.
Shows it's still a lottery.

We could quite easily be sat here with 4 CL's under our belt but we only have 1.

Gotta be in it to win though so more chance next season than the shitty Rags!

View attachment 120900
My understanding is that it is predetermined to the final from the group stage positioning, but I am still figuring out these rules so not confident to say you are definitely wrong at this stage.

This will make flights to away games more expensive as people will search for routes/airlines will be able to increase costs before we know for certain if we're getting through each round (and the opposition).
Sorry for the confusion!
As you said it's predetermined as shown on the slide. All the pairings are drawn to the left or right part of the tree. So all the pairings can only meet again in the final.

Home and away are determined by draws afterwards.

Hope we can agree now?

View attachment 120900
My understanding is that it is predetermined to the final from the group stage positioning, but I am still figuring out these rules so not confident to say you are definitely wrong at this stage.

This will make flights to away games more expensive as people will search for routes/airlines will be able to increase costs before we know for certain if we're getting through each round (and the opposition).
No country protection but political protection.

Let’s declare war on Spain, France, Italy and Germany.

Agreed it needed a bit of a refresh and the possibility of playing in the same group as the Dippers or Arsenal will certainly make it a lot more interesting.

I was gutted when we went out to Madrid this year and would love to win it next season.

There aren’t any groups.

Tried to add up the total number of extra games in the whole tournament leading to the last 16 round. Under the existing system 32 teams played 6 games = 192 games. For the new format that will rise to 304 games. So 112 extra games, and quite a lot of extra revenue!

(P.S. 'O' level mathematics grade 5, 1974, so may not be correct)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.