Champions League Draw (Cont...)

Re: Champions League Draw

Are you lot for real? We'll get stuffed by Real, it pains me to say. The other two teams are HARD. Surprise, surprise, United get a soft group again while we get that. If this draw is done fairly then I'm Jim Morrison.

how does next round work?
say if we make it to next round, will we play against a certain group, or will there be another draw?

Champions League Draw

Probably on my own here but very happy with that draw. Hoping to do all 3 aways!

Three_Hat-tricks said:
Are you lot for real? We'll get stuffed by Real, it pains me to say. The other two teams are HARD. Surprise, surprise, United get a soft group again while we get that. If this draw is done fairly then I'm Jim Morrison.

Did you watch the live draw JIM.

TBH I'm chuffed to bits with the draw. 3 great teams to watch. Guaranteed. Not 3 crap teams and then hope for a decent team later on.

We're in the Champions league to play against the best teams in europe

Wreckless Alec said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
United are paired with us, Dortmund are paired with Bayern, Barca with Real, AC with Juventus, Chelsea with Arsenal for TV and policing reasons:

Look at the draw:

Group A: Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Paris St Germain, Dinamo Zagreb
Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier
Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga
Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund
Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, FC Nordsjaelland
Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, BATE Borisov
Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic
Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj

City/United, Arsenal/Chelsea, Barca/Real, Benfica/Porto, PSG/Lille, Juventus/AC, Dortmund/Bayern all on opposite sides of the draw.

Thus when it came to the last 3 teams(I believe), Nordsjaelland, Cluj and Dortmund, it was clear that Dortmund were to be drawn in the opposite half of the draw to Bayern so had to be drawn in the top half of the draw, the only remaining group was D, ours. Nordsjaelland came out first so were drawn into E, Cluj then had to go in H and Dortmund into D.

Way it works.

I'm no mathematician but I suspect that by the time you've taken all the provisional items you describe into account you could more or less say who plays whom without bothering to draw from pots.

Its a joke, after the first two teams per group are drawn, it no longer a draw, utter joke. Still the sooner we get into the first pot the better.

What do we have to do, to place ourselves in the top seeded group next year. Is it even possible?

Whilst I have not read all 80 odd pages (sorry about that but I do have a life, just!!) I take the view that if 4 of our first team squad tweet positive comments then we should also keep positive.

Remember: We’re Man City, we fight to the end!!

Bring it on!! I think it is a tremendous draw and group for us. Looking forward to the whole experience.

Three_Hat-tricks said:

Yeah we'll probably get stuffed away a few times but we can beat them all at home, even Real. If we can win the PL title we can progress from that group.

Three_Hat-tricks said:

Hi, Jim. How's it going?

smagician said:
how does next round work?
say if we make it to next round, will we play against a certain group, or will there be another draw?
8 group winners, 8 runners up. Any team cannot be drawn against a team that finished in the same spot in their respective group (or, in layman's terms, a group winner will play a group runner-up). Also, the two teams that qualify from any given group will not be paired together in the next round. And teams from the same country will not be drawn against one another in that round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.