Champions League Draw (Cont...)

Re: Champions League Draw

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Matchday 1: 18-19 September.
Previous game: Stoke(A), Next game: Arsenal(H).

Matchday 2: 2-3 October.
Previous game: Fulham(A), Next game: Sunderland(H).

Matchday 3: 23-24 October.
Previous game: WBA(A), Next game: Swansea(H).

Matchday 4: 6-7 November.
Previous game: West Ham(A), Next game: Spurs(H).

Matchday 5: 20-21 November.
Previous game: Aston Villa(H), Next game: Chelsea(A).

Matchday 6: 4-5 December.
Previous game: Everton(H), Next game: Man Utd(H).

This doesn't look too bad considering the furthest we have to travel is Madrid. If we could do the Madrid away game first (Swansea home after) the rest will be like travelling to Premier League games for the team (possibly less hassel).

I think it's a quality draw for us! If we wanna be the best, we need to beat the best. Imagine if we come out as group winners - nobody will want to face us!

Does anyone know when the dates for the different games get announced?

DaveH said:
Three_Hat-tricks said:
Are you lot for real? We'll get stuffed by Real, it pains me to say. The other two teams are HARD. Surprise, surprise, United get a soft group again while we get that. If this draw is done fairly then I'm Jim Morrison.

Did you watch the live draw JIM.

TBH I'm chuffed to bits with the draw. 3 great teams to watch. Guaranteed. Not 3 crap teams and then hope for a decent team later on.

We're in the Champions league to play against the best teams in europe

I can't disagree with that. But I'd certainly prefer a kinder draw.

have faith. pretty sure there fans are thinking the same
this is not city of old

BradshawsBlues said:
Three_Hat-tricks said:
Are you lot for real? We'll get stuffed by Real, it pains me to say. The other two teams are HARD. Surprise, surprise, United get a soft group again while we get that. If this draw is done fairly then I'm Jim Morrison.

Yeah we'll probably get stuffed away a few times but we can beat them all at home, even Real. If we can win the PL title we can progress from that group.

Correct, is it just me or did I watch the premier league champions last year? And now it's all doom and gloom because we have a tough group.

Do you think Real, Ajax or Dortmund will be relishing facing Tevez, Aguero, Silva et al?

supercrystal7 said:
Gotze has the potential to be better than any player in your squad and is already as good as say Nasri.

And what say you about Mario? Potentially not a bad player either is he?<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:59 pm --<br /><br />
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Matchday 1: 18-19 September.
Previous game: Stoke(A), Next game: Arsenal(H).

Matchday 2: 2-3 October.
Previous game: Fulham(A), Next game: Sunderland(H).

Matchday 3: 23-24 October.
Previous game: WBA(A), Next game: Swansea(H).

Matchday 4: 6-7 November.
Previous game: West Ham(A), Next game: Spurs(H).

Matchday 5: 20-21 November.
Previous game: Aston Villa(H), Next game: Chelsea(A).

Matchday 6: 4-5 December.
Previous game: Everton(H), Next game: Man Utd(H).

OUCH! That hurts more than the draw if I'm honest.

Bloody hell I don't envy you that group but it will be great viewing for the neutrals. Anybody could go through.
Dortmund will be a lot better than last year imo, they've lost Kagawa but gained Reus who is one hell of a danger man.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2fGRRjqWJg[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpNGJpck_Z8[/youtube]

Tonster said:
BradshawsBlues said:
Three_Hat-tricks said:

Yeah we'll probably get stuffed away a few times but we can beat them all at home, even Real. If we can win the PL title we can progress from that group.

Correct, is it just me or did I watch the premier league champions last year? And now it's all doom and gloom because we have a tough group.

Do you think Real, Ajax or Dortmund will be relishing facing Tevez, Aguero, Silva et al?

Would like to share your optimism. I just think it's asking too much. Hope I'm wrong! Madrid will stuff us though. Second place would be sweet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.