Champions League Draw (Cont...)

Re: Champions League Draw

Bodicoteblue said:
Don't any of you think that they might be looking at us as a side they preferred not to have been drawn with?

Agreed, lol, must be the best draw possible for us in terms of what we want
to achieve. At least we can't play Madrid again until the final. Bring it on.

bobbymanc20 said:
supercrystal7 said:
bobbymanc20 said:
Im pretty sure that 'getting to the second round and getting alot more money' isnt really on our minds at this stage, were not exactly short of cash. Weve got a tough group there is no doubting that but look at the destinations, id rather go to amsterdam than romania thanks very much, plus ajax and dortmund may well be champions of their respective leagues but if you compare their squads with ours you could argue this group will be a walk in the park

Well great that you would rather go to Amsterdam than Romania, but there are many great places to visit.

You may not be short of money, but with the FFP laws, getting more money makes it a lot easier to spend money. Considering your transfer window this season, getting more money would be very important.

The last point is horrific. I don't know much about Ajax, but I watched plenty of Dortmund. They are the German champions. They have won back to back championships. They beat Bayern three times last year and won the double. They are going to cause you all sorts of problems. Reus, Gotze, Lewondoski and Guendogan. If I was a fan I would not be disappointed if City failed to qualify and look at it as a chance to win the league.

Dortmund may have Gotze and Lewandowski i dont think i need to name the players that our squad contains. On paper there is still no comparison between us and Dortmund, thats not to say that Dortmund wont be tough to beat i know they will. We should go through this group we are champions of england the toughest league in the world and we have one of the best squads in the world. We need to learn to cope with the strains of European competition and our bread and butter in the league. From your last comment you clearly dont know much about city and our mentality the majority of fans on here will be delighted we get to go to these places and im quietly confident.

Gotze has the potential to be better than any player in your squad and is already as good as say Nasri. Hummels, Subotic and Schmelzer all good defenders and improving. You clearly don't know about Dortmund. You are favourites to progress ahead of them, but it's by no huge margin. At least Bayern fans can celebrate.

You believe to much of the stuff they sprout on sky. The toughest league in the world is the Spanish. Since the two best teams in the world play there.

There is a difference between coping with the strains of Europe and being broken by them. No team would be happy with such a group. Not even Madrid the best team in the world are going to be pleased with this group.

Anyway you have your view and seems nothing is going to change it.

On reflection, I think our group has the advantage that we don't have to travel too far which could be significant.

Cant wait for the opponents to be announced.

I was buzzing when we got Madrid. I wanna see us test ourselves against, arguably, the best team in the world right now. Ajax is okay, decent team with a good following but I was frustrated by Dortmund. Twice now in 2 years we have been handed the best team in pot 4. But we are more than capable of getting out of this group. Madrid we could take something off at our ground maybe, and I would expect us to win our other home games and take points of Ajax and Dortmund away. Tough ask to get out of the group, let alone top it. But if we get out of this group, the lads will be full of confidence to take on anyone else in the competition who comes our way.

We get Real Madrid, Ajax and Dortmund.

United get Bragga, Galatasaray and what looks like a typo.

Buddah hates us

Could of been a much kinder group but we have to show signs of improvement so lets bring it on.

Matchday 1: 18-19 September.
Previous game: Stoke(A), Next game: Arsenal(H).

Matchday 2: 2-3 October.
Previous game: Fulham(A), Next game: Sunderland(H).

Matchday 3: 23-24 October.
Previous game: WBA(A), Next game: Swansea(H).

Matchday 4: 6-7 November.
Previous game: West Ham(A), Next game: Spurs(H).

Matchday 5: 20-21 November.
Previous game: Aston Villa(H), Next game: Chelsea(A).

Matchday 6: 4-5 December.
Previous game: Everton(H), Next game: Man Utd(H).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.