Champions League Draw (Cont...)

Re: Champions League Draw

Gray said:
bayern blade said:
superwatsonwatson said:
An interesting fact if i have done my calculations correctly, last season we played 5 of the 8 teams that were in pot 1 today. We won 7 of the 10 matches played against these sides.

Tbf one of those was against our reserves after we'd already qualified though.

You would not have beat us in Munich if the Referee and the blind bastard behind the goals had given us the two penalties we should have had in the first 20 minutes - both rubbish tackles by Boyata that never got anywhere near the ball.

Boateng, Boateng. Boyata's bad but he's not that bad ;).

bayern blade said:
superwatsonwatson said:
An interesting fact if i have done my calculations correctly, last season we played 5 of the 8 teams that were in pot 1 today. We won 7 of the 10 matches played against these sides.

Tbf one of those was against our reserves after we'd already qualified though.

its up to you who you pick and we can only beat the team you pick; had 2 blatant penalties been given in the first leg we would potentially have qualified instead of you

bobmcfc said:
We're gonna need a bigger boat

-)

Bring it on. All eyes on us. Again.

Has De Rossi signed yet?<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:29 pm --<br /><br />
bobmcfc said:
We're gonna need a bigger boat

-)

Bring it on. All eyes on us. Again.

Has De Rossi signed yet?

Buzzin off the group even if it's even tougher than last year.

4 Champions. 4 quality stadiums.

10 points and we should get through this time since Ajax are better than Villereal.

The only thing that pisses me off is how we play tough games before we play Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. Doing well in the CL could hinder our bid to retain the title :( Roberto will have been on the phone to Marwood by now...

Ruhr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
For those wondering, TV rules stipulate that each nation's clubs have to be drawn equally into each half of the draw, so as there were only 2 german teams Dortmund had to be drawn in our group as it was the only group left in the opposite half of the draw to Bayern.

and what is Schalke? A russian team?

exactly... that is a bullshit reason... and even if it were correct... what about Cluj and Nordjeasland

BringBackSwales said:
its up to you who you pick and we can only beat the team you pick;

had 2 blatant penalties been given in the first leg we would potentially have qualified instead of you

A - I agree, I merely pointed out that had we not already qualified you would have been facing a far stronger side than we put out on the night.

B - I'll also agree that one of the penalty claims was 100% valid but not the second. In fairness though we dominated the game after that but of course had you got the pen early on it could have been different, we'll never know.

levets said:
Ruhr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
For those wondering, TV rules stipulate that each nation's clubs have to be drawn equally into each half of the draw, so as there were only 2 german teams Dortmund had to be drawn in our group as it was the only group left in the opposite half of the draw to Bayern.

and what is Schalke? A russian team?

exactly... that is a bullshit reason... and even if it were correct... what about Cluj and Nordjeasland

it's been covered aplenty.

themadinventor said:
danburge82 said:
I'm absolutely buzzing about our draw. There are only so many years that we'll be a Pot 2 club. In a decades time we may well have won this competition and even if we haven't our ranking points would see us be a Pot 1 club and we'll have boring and predicable groups year after year.

I'd rather pay £120+ to watch us play Real Madrid, Amsterdam Ajax and Borussia Dortmund with players like CRonaldo, Erikson and Lewandowski; rather than the likes of Cluj and Nordsælland with players like Kapetanos and Kildentoft. We spent a few decades in certain divisions playing teams with grounds and players we've never heard of so why do we want to do that again now we're an elite club?

For now while we still can get these kind of groups, this is exactly the kind of group I want.

Plus it's not like the money changes massively as the rounds of he competition progress. This is how the prize money was structured last season:
Playoffs: €2,100,000
Group stage: €3,900,000
For each match in group stage: €550,000
Group match victory: €800,000
Group match draw: €400,000
Round of 16: €3,000,000
Quarter-finals: €3,300,000
Semi-finals: €4,200,000
Losing finalist: €5,600,000
Winning the Final: €9,000,000
...actually progressing through the Group Stage to play in the Round of 16 you only earn an extra £2.37m. That's fuck all.

Besides, it's not like we're the Ajax of the group. We were third favourites to win the competition this morning. All three teams in our group will be more disappointed to have us than we feel about drawing them. Anyone who doesn't think we can qualify from this group doesn't realise how good we are. You don't win 28 games in the Premier League if you're not a very good team. With Carlos back (he missed 35 games in all comps last season) he's like a new signing and is at another level compared to players like Mario and Edin, and throughout our squad we will have learnt a lot from last season's competition and through winning the league. We are much better prepared this season for the Champions League.

Even if we don't progress it's not the end of the world because we're not in this competition for a few seasons and that will be us out. We're going to be qualifying for this competition every year for the foreseeable future. Every hard game we play, every year we make mistakes and lose games; we will learn and become a better team and club long term.

So you can keep your 5,000 Haradski Stadium and give me the 85000 Santiago Bernabéu Stadium anytime.

I cannot fucking wait. This is exactly why I was jumping for joy on 31st August 2008.

Well said, the best post I've read this week by a long shot. especially the bit in blue.
Totally agree, last year I was grateful to be in it, and didn't much like the tough draw, this year I'm excited by it, its far tougher than last year, but all 4 teams will take points of each other, and we get to see some great sides at home, and those lucky enough to get to the away games get to 3 of the best stadiums in europe and 2 of the best Cities (Dortmund is pretty good too).

Every blue should treat this as a an exciting group, where we can show Platini and his mates we're not scared of him. Qualify and they'll all be worried, win it and they will be shitting it across europe.

We are no longer "likkle city" we don't we don't need an easy group, and for Ajax, Real, and Dortmund they can visit the real MANCHESTER.

See it like this - one of Real, Dortmund or Manchester City will loose. Maybe two, if Ajax is a surprise.

For me as a Bayern fan I sit back and wait.

Schalke has Dortmund's group from last year (only difference is Montpellier instead of Marseille) and will show them how you compete in Europe.

Dortmund's players will be with their heads on the next Wednesdays and Tuesday when playing the Bundesliga - even if they do not want it. That was their main advantage last year - 2 days training more each week for tactical issues, less journeys, no focus on other stuff... And they will not be able to go with the same energy in all of the tournaments that they need for their style of play. They will fight for Ronaldo's shirt two week in advance...

Di Mario will show Schmelzer all about di Maria, even if Großkreutz plays in front of him they will have difficulties - the other side will see that a Ronaldo is a Ronaldo - Agüero and Balotelli will show Hummels and Subotic the themes of Italy and Argentina... Some of the players of Real - and maybe of ManCity - might not be much better - but smarter on other ways. Not always in the good sense - but who cares.

If they will master to get first or second - I do not mind - I then only laugh about ManCity or Real or both. And the Bundesliga Championship will go easier with them going into more rounds.

If they get third - then the Europa League will cost their attention.

And if they get fourth - sorry, then there is really much to laugh about...

That group D is so fun to watch like this.

For me it is more fun to see Dortmund or Real fail - so this time I really wish you much luck...

Rag media has coated their back pages with "Ronaldo has warned moneybags City they face an ordeal...". Given that Real Madrid are favourites, maybe it should be THEM who are concerned about not finishing top of their group.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.