Champions League Draw (Cont...)

Re: Champions League Draw

supercrystal7 said:
bobbymanc20 said:
supercrystal7 said:
Getting the hardest group possible two years in a row, definitely bad luck. Suspiciously bad some would say and more so when you look at UEFA's opinion of you.

Ignoring that though, why would you want a group this hard? With an easier group you get to second round, where you should win. Then you get to play Madrid or Dortmund too. Except then you get a lot more money, a lot more prestige and it's a bigger occasion.

Having a very hard midweek match from the get go is really going to stretch your squad.

Im pretty sure that 'getting to the second round and getting alot more money' isnt really on our minds at this stage, were not exactly short of cash. Weve got a tough group there is no doubting that but look at the destinations, id rather go to amsterdam than romania thanks very much, plus ajax and dortmund may well be champions of their respective leagues but if you compare their squads with ours you could argue this group will be a walk in the park

Well great that you would rather go to Amsterdam than Romania, but there are many great places to visit.

You may not be short of money, but with the FFP laws, getting more money makes it a lot easier to spend money. Considering your transfer window this season, getting more money would be very important.

The last point is horrific. I don't know much about Ajax, but I watched plenty of Dortmund. They are the German champions. They have won back to back championships. They beat Bayern three times last year and won the double. They are going to cause you all sorts of problems. Reus, Gotze, Lewondoski and Guendogan. If I was a fan I would not be disappointed if City failed to qualify and look at it as a chance to win the league.

Dortmund may have Gotze and Lewandowski i dont think i need to name the players that our squad contains. On paper there is still no comparison between us and Dortmund, thats not to say that Dortmund wont be tough to beat i know they will. We should go through this group we are champions of england the toughest league in the world and we have one of the best squads in the world. We need to learn to cope with the strains of European competition and our bread and butter in the league. From your last comment you clearly dont know much about city and our mentality the majority of fans on here will be delighted we get to go to these places and im quietly confident.

To be the best you have to beat the best... And get a huge chunk of luck along the way. We can beat them all and i am confident we can not only progress but top the group.

Fuck the Rags, they get a piss easy draw every year and then dare to balloon on about how great their European record is. We will do it OUR way, with class!

Come on City!

This will stretch the team to the limits, one match midweek, then another in the weekend, it will be hard to prioritize.

LHarper said:
the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
LHarper said:
Went to Amsterdam two summers ago and ate too much space cake.

No such thing as TOO MUCH mate :)

I'll rephrase; too much in a short space of time.

Only messing, I've had more than my fair share of the white ones over the years, just a bit over excited by the prospects of this draw. Can't wait!

andyhinch said:
The cookie monster said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
paranoid-we have only been in it 2 years!!
Was thinking the same.
Calm down Bill calm down got a weekend in the dam to look forward to;)

No Deniro is 100% spot on. Their not even trying. Should we repeat winning the league this season, we will end up in the toughest group again. Until we have a team that is capable of winning the CL, they will keep sticking us in groups like this. This will only change when the elite really don't want a piece of us and this is why Bobby has been screaming that we need more quality.

Got to play Madrid at some stage, and Ajax and Dortmund, 2 out of 3 will be shitting it.

Incredible for us fans. We will be going to arguably three of the best stadiums in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.