Champions League Draw (Cont...)

Re: Champions League Draw

Some great nights ahead, we can and will qualify from this group, and show who we really are. CTID

three great aways for the travelling fan, cant be bothered with this its a fix nonsense, too busy trying to find out best routes to the away games (esp Dortmund)

JoeMercer'sWay said:
United are paired with us, Dortmund are paired with Bayern, Barca with Real, AC with Juventus, Chelsea with Arsenal for TV and policing reasons:

Look at the draw:

Group A: Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Paris St Germain, Dinamo Zagreb
Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier
Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga
Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund
Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, FC Nordsjaelland
Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, BATE Borisov
Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic
Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj

City/United, Arsenal/Chelsea, Barca/Real, Benfica/Porto, PSG/Lille, Juventus/AC, Dortmund/Bayern all on opposite sides of the draw.

Thus when it came to the last 3 teams(I believe), Nordsjaelland, Cluj and Dortmund, it was clear that Dortmund were to be drawn in the opposite half of the draw to Bayern so had to be drawn in the top half of the draw, the only remaining group was D, ours. Nordsjaelland came out first so were drawn into E, Cluj then had to go in H and Dortmund into D.

Way it works.

Policing? As I said previously Dortmund & Schalke are only 35km away. Munich is the other end of the country. Can understand the logic though for TV rights. Say it was Arsenal, Chelsea & Spuds what would they do then? (We know it wouls be Arse n Spuds kept apart and probs Chelsea and Spuds on same day). 35Km is similar as from Etihad to Reebok stadium

Very tough draw which is bad luck but I can't wait to see these games though, we have to prove that we can play with the best and this will prove it. I just hope Tevez does not refuse to play any games.

Don't any of you think that they might be looking at us as a side they preferred not to have been drawn with?

LongsightM13 said:
The Rags can rest players for more important league games when they are playing Europe's equivalent of The Dog and Duck. Their group looks even easier than the one they somehow failed to qualify from last year.
We will have to go all out in every game to try to qualify from the group of death. It will no doubt impact on our league form.
I can't understand anybody actually wanting a hard draw in a cup competition.
You want nice holidays and days out? Then join the fucking Women's Institute or the caravan club. I want my team to win, I don't give two shiny shits about smoking skunk in Amsterdam or getting pissed in Germany

This......although I did get pissed in Munich last year!

We can definitely sneak through in second place.

I reckon we can sneak a point from Real Madrid at our place, but we'll get battered in the Bernabeau - 1 point.

Dortmund finished bottom of an easier group last year and only picked up points from Arsenal at home and Olympiacos at home - 4 points.

Ajax are the weakest team in the group but are by no means a bad team. I'm still confident we can win both games against them, though - 6 points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.