Champions League Draw (Cont...)

Re: Champions League Draw

Very excited by the draw. Only problem is that with the 3 other English teams getting very easy groups (Chelsea possibly a little tougher), they are probably going to go deep into the competition meaning that UEFA won't seed 4 English teams for Pot 1 next year and we will keep getting tough draws unless we win the whole damn thing this year !

I have full faith we can get past this group, but it won't be easy, coming away from madrid with any points will be a bonus but it should be an amazing game.

At least united will be getting good europa league practice :)

Tough group for you guys, but that's what it's all about. Trips to some of the best stadia and cities in Europe, pretty jealous tbh.

The Rags can rest players for more important league games when they are playing Europe's equivalent of The Dog and Duck. Their group looks even easier than the one they somehow failed to qualify from last year.
We will have to go all out in every game to try to qualify from the group of death. It will no doubt impact on our league form.
I can't understand anybody actually wanting a hard draw in a cup competition.
You want nice holidays and days out? Then join the fucking Women's Institute or the caravan club. I want my team to win, I don't give two shiny shits about smoking skunk in Amsterdam or getting pissed in Germany

JoeMercer'sWay said:
United are paired with us, Dortmund are paired with Bayern, Barca with Real, AC with Juventus, Chelsea with Arsenal for TV and policing reasons:

Look at the draw:

Group A: Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Paris St Germain, Dinamo Zagreb
Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier
Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga
Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund
Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, FC Nordsjaelland
Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, BATE Borisov
Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic
Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj

City/United, Arsenal/Chelsea, Barca/Real, Benfica/Porto, PSG/Lille, Juventus/AC, Dortmund/Bayern all on opposite sides of the draw.

Thus when it came to the last 3 teams(I believe), Nordsjaelland, Cluj and Dortmund, it was clear that Dortmund were to be drawn in the opposite half of the draw to Bayern so had to be drawn in the top half of the draw, the only remaining group was D, ours. Nordsjaelland came out first so were drawn into E, Cluj then had to go in H and Dortmund into D.

Way it works.

I'm no mathematician but I suspect that by the time you've taken all the provisional items you describe into account you could more or less say who plays whom without bothering to draw from pots.

Ridiculously difficult group for City ..... it wouldn't surprise me if that dirty french c-nt Platini didn't have somethin' to do with that !

Rag pussies have it easy again i notice , like they probably expected to !

Still , we're in the GROUP OF CHAMPIONS ....... and that's exactly why the rags AREN'T in it !

Shauntheprofitmachine said:
TO THE TRANSFER FORUM

batman-bomb-run-o.gif

PMSL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.