Champions League Draw (Cont...)

Re: Champions League Draw

de niro said:
its done purely in the hope that we dont progress and hence earn mega dosh, that way the ffp can be implemented sooner in order to harm us.

please please you lentil eating tree huggers dont come on here and say i'm paranoid.

year in year out the rags get gifted and we get shafted.

this

Blue Haze said:
de niro said:
its done purely in the hope that we dont progress and hence earn mega dosh, that way the ffp can be implemented sooner in order to harm us.

please please you lentil eating tree huggers dont come on here and say i'm paranoid.

this

Absolutely this. the 2 groups a polar opposites again. fucking joke.

I think it's excellent. This is why we are in it. Rags will be thinking fuckin hell another load of compulsory tickets against wank European opposition.

This ride might not last forever so I am happy to be on it whilst it does.

Madrid at home is what football dreams are made of.

de niro said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
de niro said:

paranoid-we have only been in it 2 years!!

i meant any cup comp. watch them get benchill or summat in the carling cup.

Sorry, but we've got to stop this paranoid nonsense. How much planning and behind the scenes fixing would need to go on to actually 'fix' the draw just to harm us? It's bollocks.

Let's stop bleating, three fantastic trips to look forward to and three huge home games where the stadium will be rocking

Bring it on!!

United are paired with us, Dortmund are paired with Bayern, Barca with Real, AC with Juventus, Chelsea with Arsenal for TV and policing reasons:

Look at the draw:

Group A: Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Paris St Germain, Dinamo Zagreb
Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier
Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga
Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund
Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, FC Nordsjaelland
Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, BATE Borisov
Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic
Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj

City/United, Arsenal/Chelsea, Barca/Real, Benfica/Porto, PSG/Lille, Juventus/AC, Dortmund/Bayern all on opposite sides of the draw.

Thus when it came to the last 3 teams(I believe), Nordsjaelland, Cluj and Dortmund, it was clear that Dortmund were to be drawn in the opposite half of the draw to Bayern so had to be drawn in the top half of the draw, the only remaining group was D, ours. Nordsjaelland came out first so were drawn into E, Cluj then had to go in H and Dortmund into D.

Way it works.

TO THE TRANSFER FORUM

batman-bomb-run-o.gif

Well that was a fucking nightmare. I suppose at least it will be exciting stuff again but I don't relish the possibility of Europa league during the run in again and if we do progress, it is going to take a mghty effort with no opportunities to rotate players and tough euro games before league 6 pointers no doubt. All in all fucking shit and anyone who thinks it is great that we have the toughest group is nuts IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.