Champions League Draw & TV Pairings

The Bayern wins have been debated on here ad infinitum. Personally, I don't really buy into the theory that Bayern didn't care. They were legit victories that City can and should take full credit for.

If the boys are up for it, there can be no excuse to losing to either Arenal v.2.0 or Gladbach...So it's over to Pellers to set us up right :)
On this debate; I doubt anyone thinks Bayern didn't care in the games they didn't beat us in, but the reality is when it's really mattered to Bayern they've beaten is very convincingly.

But we're a different team now.

What you whinging for, we will top the group with 13 points. Plus I've got my eyes on 2 decent away trips to Monchengladbach & Sevilla.

They've signed Alex Sandro for 26m
Simone Zaza for 18m
Roberto Pereyra for 14m

and that on top of having a champions league final team. They have lost Pirlo (who is over the hill) Tevez (In the twilight of his career) Their main loss was Vidal but I wouldn't say that makes them anywhere near substantially weaker.

If you think Ogbonna who went to West Ham or SImon Pepe is one of their best 5 players then you need help.

Make no mistake the champions of Italy and then teams from the top end of the Bundesliga and La Liga is anything but an easy group Lets not forget that Seville only finished three points behind Athletic Madrid last season and that after they were finalists themselves the season before.

I would much rather be facing this season's Juventus than that of last season.

People scared because Sevilla are back to back Europa League winners..... if they're SO good, why are they even in the Europa League two years in a row? Because they are not one of the elite teams, and we're better than them.

I must admit I'm more worried about Sevilla than Juventus. We're clearly better than both, especially now Juventus have weakened over the Summer, but Sevilla have shown that they can win in Europe albeit at EL level. It really is time we stepped up in this competition. On paper we should probably be the fourth favourites to win the competition. If we can win the group who knows how far we can go? It's definitely our best chance yet.

I hate to break it to you but atletico are spanish which means they can't play other spanish teams

I hate to break it to you too :D but that's exactly what I said. They had to avoid so many clubs and yet finish with piss poor group and we and Arsenal as well always get strong groups while avoidingother English clubs and deal with TV pairing. And it's not first time, Atletico is lucky as fuck.

Last year they had Juventus, Olympiakos and Malmo. Year before Zenit, Porto and Austria Wien. And this year Benfica, Galatasaray and Astana.

Now compare that with our groups :P

The dates seem to fall nice with our fixture list. Games after we get back are:
West Ham (H)
Newcastle (H)
Them (A)
Villa (A) Sunday
Southampton (H)
Swansea (H)

Home comforts for all of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.