Champions League Draw & TV Pairings

In comparison to others we are in a tougher group. While the rags are got PSV and CSKA, Chelskis got Dynamo and maccabi we got Juventus and seville.

But we have the plus point of not travelling longer distances.

But IMHO, if we can not qualify this group we should not be hoping to play in quarter finals/semi finals in the Champions league. You have to beat the best to be the best. Only in that way teams will fear us.

Need to look at bigger picture, qualifying hasn't been a problem. Winning our group has and this gives us our best chance yet as these will all take points off one another.

It's a reasonable point but people completely forgetting that we will have no 'easy' games so maintaing our premier league form whilst having 6 very tough champions league games could impact on our premier league form. That's what I'm more bothered about.

no Barca, No Bayern, no Real.........I'm happy with this group! Juve are not the same team as last season and I think we can beat the other teams in our group...Solid group but confident....we'll get past it! Come on Bluessss!!!!!
THIS WITH BELLS ON!

Don't buy the arguement that juve are significantly weaker either. You can have no doubt that bonucci and chiellini will kick the hell out of silva and aguero. Let's hope they aren't over aggressive and injure them. Here is the most likely juve team

Buffon

Lichsteiner Bonucci Chiellini Alex Sandro

Marchisio

Khedira Pogba

Dybala

Morata Mandzukic

That starting 11 still looks very strong to me.

Man City make audacious £100m bid for Man Utd’s Champions League group

champions-league-small.jpg

Manchester City have made an audacious £100m bid for Manchester United’s Champions League group, claiming those fixtures are all it requires to reach the knockout stages of this year’s competition.

The move comes after City were drawn with Juventus, Sevilla and Borussia Monchengladbach, a difficult situation which the club are keen to throw some more money at.

Man City owner Sheikh Mansour said, “We see United’s fixtures against PSV and Wolfsburg to be just what this club needs to take it to the next level, and we’re willing to back the manager to make that a reality.”

“We will not be held to ransom, but if our manager wants it, we will open our chequebook and start writing a number with lots of zeros.”

Man City Champions League draw
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini spoke of his excitement at possibly securing Manchester United’s group.

Pellegrini told reporters, “Obviously Manchester United has a highly desirable fixture list, and maybe it is not right for me to talk about another club’s fixtures, but we would like these games at the City of Manchester stadium, for sure.”

However Manchester United are set to reject any approach.

A United spokesperson told us, “We’ve worked hard on UEFA for twenty years now to ensure we get an easy group year on year, and we have no intention of selling that – no matter what price they offer.”

http://newsthump.com/2015/08/27/man-city-make-audacious-100m-bid-for-man-utds-champions-league-group/

Its the only thing I found amusing today!! :-)

We should be topping that group if we want to be progressing in this competition. Juve deserved to reach the final last year but there were not the second best team in Europe, they've lost their spine and we shouldn't be fearing them at all. If things go how you'd expect them to (i know they never do), Us United and Chelsea should all top their group which means probably missing the likes of Bayern and Barcelona in the next round. There's only psg/Real Madrid that you wouldn't want. Arsenal could be in the shit if they finish second and all the English teams top the group. They'd have half the options with one being Barcelona, another being psg/ Real Madrid and the other two a good chance of being Athletico and Valencia.

Can see that argument, however it proves an ability to win, and win well, in Europe. Plus, when you're in the same league as Barca, Real and Atletico, then finishing top 4 is going to be very difficult indeed.

It's tough as they all are but it's exciting too. If we had drawn Bayern again I would have cancelled the CL scheme as I'm sick of watching the
Don't buy the arguement that juve are significantly weaker either. You can have no doubt that bonucci and chiellini will kick the hell out of silva and aguero. Let's hope they aren't over aggressive and injure them. Here is the most likely juve team

Buffon

Lichsteiner Bonucci Chiellini Alex Sandro

Marchisio

Khedira Pogba

Dybala

Morata Mandzukic

That starting 11 still looks very strong to me.

You need a chill pill fella.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.