Champions League Draw & TV Pairings

The aim is to WIN the group and have a greater chance to get a good knockout draw. This group is our best chance to win the group because other years, we have had a Bayern/Real Madrid. Juventus are weak after their sales. We are the best team in this group. We haven't been able to say that before. So it's a good group.

Chelsea are having a laugh through to the KO's as usual.
United got it easy in PSV, and should stroll through to KO's but at least have a trip to Russia.
Arsenal as usual have it fairly tough, but were lucky in that pot 3/4 were kind to them, should easily come 2nd at worst.

We got the toughest group out of the English teams, and arguably toughest group in the whole competition as usual. But it's the first time where I reckon we'll be made favourites to top the group, Juve have lost some of their stars, same with Sevilla, and Gladbach will be decent but not better than us for sure. Easy travelling, but looks unlikely we'll be able to rest players for any matches.

If we perform to our standards we should get through.

Guys Gladbach lost 2-3 Keyplayers but their Coach is immense. Its no easy, last year Gladbach lost to Sevilla, but they were the far better Team against Sevilla.

This Group is immense, because all Teams are tactically top class. Sevilla is better than Arsenal and Juventus is CL Finalist

well said. I feel that people on here have got the premier league superiority syndrome. There are no easy games in europe and if we don't play to our best then we will be beaten

We beat bayern when bayern were already through and dropped their intensity. This group will be really tight so all teams will be putting alll of their energy into this.
It's certainly the most interesting group. I think we have the best squad and so we should be aiming to top the group.

I think it looks deceptively difficult. Realistically - meaning if we play as well as we know we can - we can, and should, top it.

Either way, we've got matches against a once great German side, Italian legends and the Europa League holders.

Isn't this why we wanted to play in this competition in the first place? Let's enjoy the fuck out of this, Blues.

I think this extends our run of playing either the winners or runners up of the previous competition.
Needs checking
It isn't. In 2011 we didn't have anyone from the final the year before (Barça v United), in 2012 we didn't have anyone from the final the year before (Chelsea v Bayern), we did have Bayern who were champions in 2013 but didn't have anyone who was in the final last season from the year before (Madrid v Atléti)...and now Juve this year.

So 3 out of 5 years we haven't had a champion or runner up in our group.

The "it's a fix" paranoia in our fan base has run so out of control, people just make stuff up!

It's surely group where we can go through and even top it. But it's getting hard to swallow these pot 3 and pot 4 teams we are getting. Atletico Madrid must be the luckiest club ever, they had 4 spanish clubs to avoid and yet they got piss poor group.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.