Champions League Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a great group for the neutral. Easy travelling for us at least but make no mistake we've landed a seriously tough draw. We'll do well to make it out of the group.

I just can't believe how ManUre have landed on their feet again. It's just not right!

world6.jpg

Cannot understand how anyone can be anything other than mega excited. I have waited my whole life to see City begin a European cup campaign as champions. BRING. IT. ON. Boom! Cannot wait!

Just a word of advice for Ajax, if you become a club member you will have an even better chance of getting a ticket for a decent price.

GHoddle said:
lloydie said:
MSP said:
rigged as f**k

I'm at a loss to understand why, for example, Njordalang (sp?) could only go in certain groups, 2 I think, which excluded them playing in our group?

It seems convoluted to the point of being engineered.

It has to do with teams from the same country having to play on different matchdays. So for example since Bayern was in groups E-H, Dortmund had to be in A-D, so the team drawn before Dortmund had to take the spot in groups E-H. It becomes very complicated and no one ends up understanding it.

Well, as Schalke are only 35km from Dortmund I would have considered that it was these 2 clubs that had to play on different days and Dortmund were forced into the same side of the draw as Schalke by doing this as far as I understand. Maybe Cluj is near to one of the clubs from another country and UEFA decided that in this situation German policing provided better security.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
lionheart said:
Sorry guys but we are fucked. At least there will be 80,000 at two of our games.
Yeah we are only champions of the strongest league in Europe i expect we will be lucky to get 1 point. Im mean we are favourites for the drop this season are whole team is shit

Lionheart is a famous surrender monkey - he gave up the league many weeks before we Won it

To be in the group of champions, you need to be champions, simple as that.

If we don't get through, oh well, we got the chance to play 3 great teams and don't have to travel huge distances to get to them. Getting knocked out by the best in Europe is not the end of the world, scraping through in an 'easy' group would be worse, all the teams in our group play good football, so lets just enjoy the experience.

And I think it's better to be in a group where all 4 teams can take points off each other. The problem with our group last year was that there was a team who got 0 points meaning it was 3 teams for 2 spots. If we are good at home, then we'll only need to pick up a few points away from home to get though, we can do this!

The only fix about it, is that "WE" have been fixed with the best year in our lives. Champions of England and the European tour of the highest order. Spoilt :)

supercrystal7 said:
bobbymanc20 said:
What UEFA fail to realise is that even if they have fixed it which im sure they havent, but even if they had, Madrid, Ajax and Dortmund are teams we want, its our second year in the champs league and i for one want madrid and ajax i dont want a group against no mark fc. This is a new experience for us still and were still living in dreamland and now we get to go to madrid and watch city v real, who wouldve thought it ten years ago, plus we still should get through which is even better! enjoy it
Getting the hardest group possible two years in a row, definitely bad luck. Suspiciously bad some would say and more so when you look at UEFA's opinion of you.

Ignoring that though, why would you want a group this hard? With an easier group you get to second round, where you should win. Then you get to play Madrid or Dortmund too. Except then you get a lot more money, a lot more prestige and it's a bigger occasion.

Having a very hard midweek match from the get go is really going to stretch your squad.

Im pretty sure that 'getting to the second round and getting alot more money' isnt really on our minds at this stage, were not exactly short of cash. Weve got a tough group there is no doubting that but look at the destinations, id rather go to amsterdam than romania thanks very much, plus ajax and dortmund may well be champions of their respective leagues but if you compare their squads with ours you could argue this group will be a walk in the park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.