Champions League Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
So someone please tell me how FC Cluj, as the only Romanian team in the competition, can possibly be restricted to a particular group, leaving us with fucking Dortmund?!! Answers on a postcard. Yet again, we don't get to rotate our squad in a cup competition as we will have to pick our best XI for each and everyone of those games. As bent as it's humanly possible to be. And I won't even start on the rags, with an even easier group than they got last year.
On the plus side, we may not even finish in a Europa League spot this year, so we'll be able to concentrate on finishing top 3 after Christmas, and at least it's 3 cracking road trips.

supercrystal7 said:
bobbymanc20 said:
What UEFA fail to realise is that even if they have fixed it which im sure they havent, but even if they had, Madrid, Ajax and Dortmund are teams we want, its our second year in the champs league and i for one want madrid and ajax i dont want a group against no mark fc. This is a new experience for us still and were still living in dreamland and now we get to go to madrid and watch city v real, who wouldve thought it ten years ago, plus we still should get through which is even better! enjoy it
Getting the hardest group possible two years in a row, definitely bad luck. Suspiciously bad some would say and more so when you look at UEFA's opinion of you.Ignoring that though, why would you want a group this hard? With an easier group you get to second round, where you should win. Then you get to play Madrid or Dortmund too. Except then you get a lot more money, a lot more prestige and it's a bigger occasion.

Having a very hard midweek match from the get go is really going to stretch your squad.

but there's no agenda ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Don't know much about Ajax's team but just hope they're good enough to put up a challenge against the other two, if they do a Villarreal and get no points it puts so much pressure on the other games. Real cruised past them last season, hopefully they've improved. Need to be careful against Dortmund, they're perfectly set up to take advantage of us on the break.

supercrystal7 said:
Champions are used to winning as well, which makes them better than the sum of their parts. At least you can get ready to enjoy some cracking games.
Were we not champions then ?

Its quite something when opposition fans are on our forum for the CL draw, we'll take it as a compliment, at least we're in it.

Ruhr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
For those wondering, TV rules stipulate that each nation's clubs have to be drawn equally into each half of the draw, so as there were only 2 german teams Dortmund had to be drawn in our group as it was the only group left in the opposite half of the draw to Bayern.

and what is Schalke? A russian team?

Alright, 3, sorry, I assume they rank them on rank they qualified, same way Barca and Real, Inter and AC can't be drawn in the same half, Juve were drawn in the opposite half to AC etc, Porto and Benfica, us and United.

supercrystal7 said:
When I saw the draw all I could do was LOL.

Don't usually use language like this on a board where kids can see, but UEFA f***ed you again.

Madrid the best team in it, Dortmund the German champions and Ajax the dutch champions. The group of champions. You are going to struggle to get out of that group and it's going to effect your league form. Champions are used to winning as well, which makes them better than the sum of their parts. At least you can get ready to enjoy some cracking games.
Errrr..city are champions as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.