Champions League Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Champions League Draw Pots

I'd love us to get Barca in the group stage.

Would be a real test for us and we get to see two top class matches. If we are good enough we will go through the group whoever we play so not really too worried about who from pots 3 & 4. If pushed I guess Ajax just to see how good they are now, like their style of football. Montpellier could be good, not too far to travel.

Kompany is King said:
I'd love us to get Barca in the group stage.

Would be a real test for us and we get to see two top class matches. If we are good enough we will go through the group whoever we play so not really too worried about who from pots 3 & 4. If pushed I guess Ajax just to see how good they are now, like their style of football. Montpellier could be good, not too far to travel.
If we are good enough on the night. By rights CFC should never have won the competition but it's a Cup. It's a huge competition with some fantastic teams in it, and some poorer ones. There are big differences between the potential of teams in each pot, because it's based on the last 5 years European record. We should be able to qualify from the group with our team, but anything can happen on the night so lets give ourselves the best possible chance in League and CL by getting a good draw. If the draw didn't matter, it wouldn't be seeded in the first place. The top clubs run the Champions League like a closed shop with their seeding system, but we smashed the Sky 4 in the Premiership, and we can do this too.

Same as last year, i want the hardest group. I don't want to spend £40 playing some Cypriot side.

in my opinion man city will go to either spain or italy / man city/ france or netherland/ spain or france.

means real or barca/ man city/ PSG or AJAX/ Malaga or montpellier.

its means again we are going to be in trouble now, thats mancini 100% knows it, thats why he is asking for more player to sign, city have player who can play in epl very well, but not suited to Europe, mario does not look to me a sports men, city now wasting money and time, there are so many talented players who can play better than mario, but thanks to mancini we have him still this season, last week we loose 2 point just coz of him.

luckyadeel78 said:
in my opinion man city will go to either spain or italy / man city/ france or netherland/ spain or france.

its means again we are going to be in trouble now, thats mancini 100% knows it, thats why he is asking for more player to sign, city have player who can play in epl very well, but not suited to Europe, mario does not look to me a sports men, city now wasting money and time, there are so many talented players who can play better than mario, but thanks to mancini we have him still this season, last week we loose 2 point just coz of him.

What did I just read?

LHarper said:
luckyadeel78 said:

What did I just read?

Haha

strongbowholic said:
Scooby Blue said:
FC Nordsjaelland (ground capacity 10,000) have clinched the Danish league tonight and go straight into group stages....meaning FC Copenhagen have to qualify.

For a look at what pots might look look like...scroll down to bottom of this link:
<a class="postlink" href="http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedcl2012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uef ... l2012.html</a>

N.B. Unlikely that all seeded teams will make it through qualifiers, so expect PSG + Galatasaray to move up to Pot 3.
Celtic have a fighting chance of making Pot 3 if they qualify...while Borussia Dortmund need a few upsets / newcomers (e.g. Malaga) to make it through to have a chance of moving up a pot.

From a City perspective...it might be better if all the above teams did somehow end up in Pot 3...since it increases chances of weaker team from Pot 4 (with Malaga / Borussia Muenchengladbach as wildcards to avoid, if they make it through)
Borussia Moenchengladbach! I remember us playing them in the 1970s in the UEFA Cup. They had a player called Allan Simonsen who tore us apart (mind you I was only 8 or 9). Think he was European player of the year and I think Gladbach got to the final that year (can't remember if they won it though).

Moved to Charlton shortly afterwards I seem to recall!

LHarper said:
luckyadeel78 said:

What did I just read?

Apparently we're going to play some teams from Spain or France or Italy or Germany or Holland or .....

and we're f*ked.

chrishull said:
LHarper said:
luckyadeel78 said:

What did I just read?

Apparently we're going to play some teams from Spain or France or Italy or Germany or Holland or .....

and we're f*ked.

And apparently it was Mario's fault we didn't beat Liverpool. Personally, I blame Yaya: he had a shocker. And Tevez, too.

I think with that post in mind, anyone who uses the term EPL in their first fifty posts should be sent to The Cellar for a fortnight of jousting with the likes of BB2. If they hang around the forum after that then fair play, but the chances of that are slim.

Won't matter who we draw if we don't set our stall out to win the group 'early' , and approach the games right .......

last season we made life hard for ourselves , whilst Bayern could afford to come to the Etihad in the final group game and go through the motions ....

it's all in the preperation !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.