Champions League Final | Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid - Sat 1st June

Mate, they did us over 2 legs.

You have to be a fucking incredible football team to do that.

Luck has fuck all to do with it.
No, we were shit at taking penalties.

Also, why do the media love them winning this so much?. It's becoming a one-team competition like the Bundesliga (Bayern will get back to winning ways).

Last edited:
So you think the team finishing 42 points behind us were better?
On FA Cup final day, they were better than us. Key distinction; on the day. In much the same way we were better than every other team over a 38-game league season. Let's not strip away context. Obviously nobody in their right mind thinks United are a better team than us, viewed in isolation.

Attributing luck to Madrid's recent successes in this competition comes across as bitter. If half of Dortmund's first team had been struck down by bird flu before kick off, had their striker fell into a sink hole in the penalty area before getting a shot away; those are two things I would attribute to misfortune. Being profligate in front of goal? No, that's not bad luck. It's knockout format, and there's zero margin for error. Whoever comes out on top after the final game is a worthy winner; because they've done what they needed to do.

For me this is where VAR should step in to tell the ref that he got the first decision wrong and that he was cheating for the 2nd decision. But I guess that's a conversation for another thread.
Is that the VAR that doesn't get involved with yellow cards? Only straight red cards are checked.

Going back to those days everybody was told we had to get behind any English/British team in Europe and on the whole we did. How times have changed.

Yep you're right, we all got behind the English and Scottish clubs in Europe. It's now become very tribal domestically.
I remember being told we should all support English clubs in Europe and I generally did, but that never included the rags or Leeds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.