Champions League Final | Going to Porto without a Ticket?

Friday 1240 from Mcr
Sunday 1540 from Porto
Thanks for the help I need to get this sorted. My lad who is 23 and in the Forces just got in touch and he sounds like he did on the Christmas Eve when he was 10 !
OK, the BEST option, with a little risk;
RAPID PCR Test Thursday ANY TIME. The provider MUST guarantee same day results so you can fly with the results the next day. This SAME test can be used to return on Sunday. RELIABLE Rapid PCR is difficult to find and the most expensive.

Other option with NO risk;
Normal PCR test AFTER 15.40(allowing for flight time) on Tuesday, or ANY TIME Wed/Thu (Tuesday would be best as you have 3 days to get results). Use this to depart on Friday. On Thursday (or before your flight Friday at the airport, you don't need the result until Sunday, and they will email you) ANY TIME get a RAPID Antigen test (This is the cheapest one) IN THE UK, this will work for re-entry to the UK on Sunday. Next day PCR cost added to RAPID Antigen cost will be a similar total to the other option.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OK, the BEST option, with a little risk;
RAPID PCR Test Thursday ANY TIME. The provider MUST guarantee same day results so you can fly with the results the next day. This SAME test can be used to return on Sunday. Rapid PCR is difficult to find and the most expensive.

Other option with NO risk;
Normal PCR test AFTER 15.40(allowing for flight time) on Tuesday, or ANY TIME Wed/Thu (Tuesday would be best as you have 3 days to get results). Use this to depart on Friday. On Thursday ANY TIME get a RAPID Antigen test (This is the cheapest one) IN THE UK, this will work for re-entry to the UK on Sunday. Next day PCR is normal added to RAPID Antigen will be similar cost to the other option.

Hope this helps.

Cheers fella. So a Antigen test is all that is needed for return? Is this sent to your phone, because obviously, I’ll be in Porto by the time any Mail could be sent?
Thanks again for your time - you truly are ‘impeccable’ ;-)

Cheers fella. So a Antigen test is all that is needed for return? Is this sent to your phone, because obviously, I’ll be in Porto by the time any Mail could be sent?
Thanks again for your time - you truly are ‘impeccable’ ;-)
Yes, Antigen is OK for re-entry to UK, and yes, you'll register with the provider and results are emailed. Should be sufficient to show on phone, but I would print out the email at your accommodation in Portugal.

Glad/Happy to help ...

FYI : Your times/days are similar to mine, but I'm leaving from Heathrow to Lisbon and driving up to Porto. I'm doing PCR Tuesday afternoon in Edinburgh(as that is where I'll be) and Rapid Antigen at Heathrow Friday morning before my flight later that afternoon. Then no hassle in Portugal, other than trying to make sure I'm in a fit state to get to the airport on Sunday :O

Yes pal, Synlab undertake the necessary Antigen test. €30 each. Result is ready in 20 minutes. We'll just get to the airport earlier

That’s great. I read the info as needing another pcr test to return. I’m sure there must be places in Porto that do this or, as the ‘Impeccable one’ states, I could do this in the uk.
Cheers Abe - looks like it’s a goer. Beer’s on me if our paths cross in Porto ;-)

I’ve been told that there’s an antigen test which can be sent to you in the post, which you can do via video call and still receive a certified result for the journey back from Porto. I depart Saturday morning and return on Tuesday, so I could potentially just take the antigen test first thing on Saturday morning whilst I’m at the airport, or even in Porto whilst I’m there. Does anyone know which company offers this?

That’s great. I read the info as needing another pcr test to return. I’m sure there must be places in Porto that do this or, as the ‘Impeccable one’ states, I could do this in the uk.
Cheers Abe - looks like it’s a goer. Beer’s on me if our paths cross in Porto ;-)
PCR for return is a bit of mis-information started from the ticketing announcement by the club. The OFFICIAL.GOV rules don't state that.

Yes, Antigen is OK for re-entry to UK, and yes, you'll register with the provider and results are emailed. Should be sufficient to show on phone, but I would print out the email at your accommodation in Portugal.

Glad/Happy to help ...

FYI : Your times/days are similar to mine, but I'm leaving from Heathrow to Lisbon and driving up to Porto. I'm doing PCR Tuesday afternoon in Edinburgh(as that is where I'll be) and Rapid Antigen at Heathrow Friday morning before my flight later that afternoon. Then no hassle in Portugal, other than trying to make sure I'm in a fit state to get to the airport on Sunday :O

Cheers again fella. As I said to Abe, I’ll look forward to buying you a beer if our paths cross. And I agree Sunday will be a problem - so much so that we paid an extra £50each for a 3 hour later return ;-)

I’ve been told that there’s an antigen test which can be sent to you in the post, which you can do via video call and still receive a certified result for the journey back from Porto. I depart Saturday morning and return on Tuesday, so I could potentially just take the antigen test first thing on Saturday morning whilst I’m at the airport, or even in Porto whilst I’m there. Does anyone know which company offers this?
Try qured

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.