Champions League Final | Istanbul or could it be moved?

Apologies for my ignorance to the whole thing and at risk of going off topic. What scenario is going to cause the civil unrest? I know theres an election between two very different people/cultures but unsure which one would cause it all to kick off.....
It has the potential to go full civil war. There's an authoritarian leader with the support of church and some cliques within the media and military against what looks to be a civil and organized majority with the support of other factions within the media and military. It's proper powder keg stuff.

There was a programme on BBC2 tonight (just finished) on the unrest in Turkey. Available on iPlayer.
It is a powder keg and it would be neglectful if UEFA have not made alternative arrangements … so they probably haven’t. Expect another shit show with match going fans taking the brunt of their incompetence :-(

First round of voting is the 14th May. I read online the other day that they (erdogan or opposition) need a 50% majority to win first time round, if not it’ll go to a second round of voting which is 28th May. No idea what the best outcome would be at this point

One of the candidates has pulled out seemingly giving the opposition the advantage

Why don’t they postpone the election until after the final? Simples. The Turkish tourist board should be pressing for this so too UEFA and football has quite a powerful voice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.