Champions League Final | Istanbul or could it be moved?

It’s ok people suggesting places that they’d like to be considered. But an awful lot of grounds won’t be available in June to host a football match at short notice for all sorts of different reasons.
Portuguese weather and soil must be good for grass growth. Many grounds that have and will have their posts lifted, re-seeeding, corporate cups, re-turfing, concerts (Etihad wouldn't be available for any UEFA games), etc.

Also in the Sun this morning, I know these aren’t the most reliable of newspapers but it’s looking likely as everything seems to be in place for a switch to Lisbon.
God i can only hope n pray, atleast it's in the news so there's a chance still.

I think there will need to be serious issues in Istanbul for it to be moved. We are only 4 weeks away from the final! The most likely position is the final stays in Istanbul in my opinion.

I think there will need to be serious issues in Istanbul for it to be moved. We are only 4 weeks away from the final! The most likely position is the final stays in Istanbul in my opinion.
Matt Hughes did say at the bottom of the piece that senior sources at UEFA insisted yesterday there was no plans to move the final. Click bait headline. I presume UEFA contact FA’s every year as precautions incase something goes wrong in the host city or country. Surely the UEFA sources would of said no comment if they were genuinely fearful of having to move it from Istanbul.

You would imagine if they are even considering it even slightly to move it then they should do it before Tuesday when one of the Milan teams will be booking flights and just be done with it and sleep soundly knowing it’s taken care of. Although seeing its UEFA we know that won’t happen.

You would imagine if they are even considering it even slightly to move it then they should do it before Tuesday when one of the Milan teams will be booking flights and just be done with it and sleep soundly knowing it’s taken care of. Although seeing its UEFA we know that won’t happen.
Agree completely. It's a piss-take if they let fans book travel and then change it.

Then again, I don't think fans are high on UEFAs agenda...

Agree completely. It's a piss-take if they let fans book travel and then change it.

Then again, I don't think fans are high on UEFAs agenda...
The Election is this Sunday 14th so depending how it goes come Monday afternoon there may be tanks and army on the streets, so I think this may force Uefa’s hand, but as said are UEFA that bothered about fans attending or not.

The Election is this Sunday 14th so depending how it goes come Monday afternoon there may be tanks and army on the streets, so I think this may force Uefa’s hand, but as said are UEFA that bothered about fans attending or not.
From the little I know about it that I’ve read I’m assuming UEFA are hoping for a Erdogan win. If there’s protests over him winning it seems likely to be less of a worry then the protests if he loses. Added to that he seems to be a big football man and played in the Galatasary academy plus has approved the approval for money for over 10 brand new stadiums being built since he took office it would make you think it won’t be changed if he comes out as the winner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.