Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Anyone on the Dalaman then Istanbul flight on Thursday? Leaves 18.20 from Manchester

i am promoting Galata Tower too much. that's why:

Galata tower has been built by Genoese guys; before ottoman empire. So we may say that Gala and Genoese has the same roots actulually (also celts). galata is the colonoy of genoisians. visit Galata tower.

Genoa football founded by Englishmen too. It is still known as Genoa Cricket Football Club.

and, if you wanna come to nevizade (or taksim) from galataport (karakoy), use the street of GALATA TOWER. great street. but up the hill:))) if you say that i will get tired :) i strongly recommend,
use taksim TUNNEL (historical tunnel, built in 1850s), just 1 minute trip. but it is great. then you will come to istiklal street (taksim).cheers.
Hi mate... I know you're getting a lot of questions on here, so sorry for adding another one...

I booked through AirBnB - a flat for 5 listed as Sisli. Once paid and I got the full details - its on Cimen Sokak.

I'm now a bit concerned because looking on a map its actually hard to distinguish if this is in Sisli or Dolapdere - and a Google search of unsafe places in Istanbul, Dolapdere always seems to come up as a place where foreigners aren't welcome.

Am I worrying unnecessarily?

Hi mate... I know you're getting a lot of questions on here, so sorry for adding another one...

I booked through AirBnB - a flat for 5 listed as Sisli. Once paid and I got the full details - its on Cimen Sokak.

I'm now a bit concerned because looking on a map its actually hard to distinguish if this is in Sisli or Dolapdere - and a Google search of unsafe places in Istanbul, Dolapdere always seems to come up as a place where foreigners aren't welcome.

Am I worrying unnecessarily?
hi, no worries.
you are staying in a great region first of all.
cimen sokak actually is the street where christians ( armenians, rums (old byzantien) people live). i have many friends living there. my girlfriend was living there. so foreigners are welcome.

but, at night, at that part of Şişli (one part is Nisantasi, where high society lives / the other part Dolaptere-Kurtuluş. they are the same place, just one street apart.), at night many hookers. :)) but it is safe. they are nice people also, really.
so nice place, dont worry.
cheers

Flying out at 1.10am from Manchester on the Friday morning changing at Dalaman & coming back direct 10.40am Sunday at SAW. Anyone else on these flights?

hi, no worries.
cimen sokak actually is the street where christians ( armenians, rums (old byzantien) people live). i have many friends living there. my girlfriend was living there. so foreigners are welcome.

but, at night, at that part of Şişli (one part is Nisantasi, where high society lives / the other part Dolaptere-Kurtuluş. they are the same place, just one street apart.), at night many hookers. :)) but it is safe. they are nice people also, really.
cheers
but be careful at night, in taksim region, in cross streets, always be careful at night. ....

hi, no worries.

cheers
Kerem - another question, though you may not know.

Re UEFA pushing City fans to get buses to the ground. I assume the police etc won't actually stop us getting on the Metro. I don't intend getting on no bus on Saturday afternoon.

We thought to drink in Besiktas and get the metro from there but I dunno now if it might be restricted to Inter fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.