Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Whatever your preference is. Turkish Lira TRY to GBP is outstanding at the moment.
On Wise.com card you are getting 26.25 TRY to £1 GBP so I’ve loaded 2500 TRY on to that and changed £100 at Tesco and got 2300 TRY. I like to have cash in my pocket too.
You’ll get a good rate on your bank card anyway (just make sure you ask to pay in TRY not GBP) but you’ll potentially get bank charges too, though shouldn’t be too much.
Some have mentioned paying in Euros, which are widely accepted, but you won’t get as much value out of them as you do the Turkish Lira.
Nice one mate!

The Turkish Lira has bombed since the election results last week. Tesco & M&S Currency Exchange are selling at £1 to 23 Turkish Lira…. if you use Euros the bar/restaurant will do their own transaction conversion which will obviously be in their favour so a shit rate for you.
If you pay by debit or credit card the visa rate today is £1 to 26.6 Turkish Lira … so even if you get charged 2.5% per transaction you’ll still get 25.8 Turkish Lira to the £ … much better rate than Tesco or M&S.
So I reckon I’m going to take a few Euros, pay for as much as I can on card and draw some Turkish Lira out from a cash machine over there….. complicated answer I know
Cheers pal

Coach to London £15
Coach from London to stansted £11
Flights to Antalya £175
Transfers x 4 in Antalya £12
Hotel in Antalya £130
Transfer to Istanbul £70
Coach from Stansted to london £11
Train back to Wigan ( don’t hold it against me I only live in the hole, I’m not one of them) £33
Ticket £155
Forgot about the internal flight as I booked it ages ago (£70) and getting to the hotel and back in Antalya. Still happy with the cost though
Going to be north of a grand for us each mostly due to expensive match ticket £425 each

The Turkish Lira has bombed since the election results last week. Tesco & M&S Currency Exchange are selling at £1 to 23 Turkish Lira…. if you use Euros the bar/restaurant will do their own transaction conversion which will obviously be in their favour so a shit rate for you.
If you pay by debit or credit card the visa rate today is £1 to 26.6 Turkish Lira … so even if you get charged 2.5% per transaction you’ll still get 25.8 Turkish Lira to the £ … much better rate than Tesco or M&S.
So I reckon I’m going to take a few Euros, pay for as much as I can on card and draw some Turkish Lira out from a cash machine over there….. complicated answer I know
I was going to do the same, except Iv now seen that you get charged for using whatever the Turkish atm banks fee rate is,i will get a good rate on my mastercard debit for the actual Turkish lira, but Iv seen you can end up being charged 6 to 7 % by the turkish atm,

Got a little chufty on with myself, managed to get the full trip sorted for £530 (ticket included). Anybody else managed similar ??
yeah roughly similar here. Travel down to Gatwick and parking £35 once split, flights from gatwick to Antalya, Antalya to istanbul and the same back £270. Flying over night both ways so don't need a hotel other than ths Saturday night which works out at £25 each when split for a cheap and cheerful hotel in taksim. Ticket £61. Add in money for food and drink and any allowances for other costs like transport outside of the fan pass times an esim to cover my phone whilst there etc which im saying roughly £100 and it's probably coming in under 500. It's certainly not the easiest trip to make and we will suffer from a lack of sleep so it's not ideal but adrenaline should get us through. couldnt have done it at a grand each so whatever it takes to be there.

if anyone interested.

CHAMPS league FESTIVAL 8-11 JUNE at Yenikapı

8th of June Thursday at 11.00 am comes to festival area. there will be UEFA ambassadors.
9th of June Friday 15.00 Champs league legends vs Turkish legends exhibition game

i do not like yenikapı that much. you need to walk 15 20 minutes from station to festival area. there are busses. but i do not like there. if anoyone interested, check it. or if anyone wants to see the CUP from a close distance.

cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.