Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Please explain.
I will pay
Taxi £10
Flight £330
Hotel £250.
Ticket £150
Airport transfers £60
Food and Drink £100
Taxi £10
About £950 with other unknowns

I could have spent less on a hotel but minimum would be £800 nowhere near £530

Food and drink £100?

Just staying one night !! : )

Apologies if already been discussed. What’s the best way to go about money in turkey? People taking lira over with them or changing there? Or is using card for everything best bet?
Whatever your preference is. Turkish Lira TRY to GBP is outstanding at the moment.
On Wise.com card you are getting 26.25 TRY to £1 GBP so I’ve loaded 2500 TRY on to that and changed £100 at Tesco and got 2300 TRY. I like to have cash in my pocket too.
You’ll get a good rate on your bank card anyway (just make sure you ask to pay in TRY not GBP) but you’ll potentially get bank charges too, though shouldn’t be too much.
Some have mentioned paying in Euros, which are widely accepted, but you won’t get as much value out of them as you do the Turkish Lira.

We land at SAW at 22:45. Sorting out an airport transfer for 2 of us through our hotel. Room for 2 more if anyone wants to jump in?

Got a little chufty on with myself, managed to get the full trip sorted for £530 (ticket included). Anybody else managed similar ??
About £800 including cat 3 ticket, hotels, flights, transfers and airport lounges, a 2 spot spends over a couple of days and it’s a bag of sand in total. Couple of mates flying direct and cat 2 tickets, it’s 2 bags.

souness (gala legend - nickname ''ulubatlı'') was in the celebrations yesterday. great day. cheers.

Please explain.
I will pay
Taxi £10
Flight £330
Hotel £250.
Ticket £150
Airport transfers £60
Food and Drink £100
Taxi £10
About £950 with other unknowns

I could have spent less on a hotel but minimum would be £800 nowhere near £530
Coach to London £15
Coach from London to stansted £11
Flights to Antalya £175
Transfers x 4 in Antalya £12
Hotel in Antalya £130
Transfer to Istanbul £70
Coach from Stansted to london £11
Train back to Wigan ( don’t hold it against me I only live in the hole, I’m not one of them) £33
Ticket £155
Forgot about the internal flight as I booked it ages ago (£70) and getting to the hotel and back in Antalya. Still happy with the cost though

Apologies if already been discussed. What’s the best way to go about money in turkey? People taking lira over with them or changing there? Or is using card for everything best bet?
The Turkish Lira has bombed since the election results last week. Tesco & M&S Currency Exchange are selling at £1 to 23 Turkish Lira…. if you use Euros the bar/restaurant will do their own transaction conversion which will obviously be in their favour so a shit rate for you.
If you pay by debit or credit card the visa rate today is £1 to 26.6 Turkish Lira … so even if you get charged 2.5% per transaction you’ll still get 25.8 Turkish Lira to the £ … much better rate than Tesco or M&S.
So I reckon I’m going to take a few Euros, pay for as much as I can on card and draw some Turkish Lira out from a cash machine over there….. complicated answer I know

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.