Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Thanks for the tips Vic. I was thinking of getting the hotel we used (near Kyrena on north of island, Turkish side) when we went back in December to arrange my taxi from Larnaca airport to Ercan. Thought it would be cheaper (c.€50-€60) and then on way back sort one direct from Ercan (there seems to be loads of firms advertising to do it).

Bigger concern though is problems at the borders as someone yesterday was saying if you leave and return to the island from the North and then try and cross into South for flight back to UK, you could be refused, have to pay fines etc. think it turns on whether they stamp your passport at Ercan on re-entry. Ballache really. I’m still in period to cancel so might ditch coming back that way and just get back from Istanbul another way. Thought I had found a fairly cheap and decent route but…..
I was very keen on this route myself mate.

Depending on how many of you there are, splitting a shuttle taxi to Sofia and flight from there to Liverpool was also a good option, if you’re going to change flight back.

Luton - Istanbul Thursday
Istanbul - Bucharest Sunday morning
Bucharest - Luton Sunday afternoon

£515, not sure what the prices will be now, but well happy with what I’ve paid considering there’s one direct flight in there.

Got direct flights out of Stansted for 4 of us £550 return each..fly out Friday the 9th at 07.10 and return Monday 12th 23.30
Airport return transfer £65 between 4 of us
B and B in the Kabata area of Istanbul £170 between 4 of us
Just need to sort match tickets now!

Personally I think its VERY poor form from the Club with a 'subsidised' day trip of £995 then its £1500 for a 2 night trip.
They use a Polish Airline through sports world and a 200 seater plane @ £995 each = £199k
Airline cost MAX £50,000 all in inc landing fees etc.
Coaches £2000 max per plane.
Staff for the day trip per plane £2000 MAX per plane.
So that's £54,000 per plane? With a £200k per plane price for the day trip?

Add on if you want to do the 2 day trip? £500 for accommodation? so it's £250 a night is it?

Poor poor show, very disappointing and seeing the people commenting on here they won't be going.

Splash on that UEFA's ticket prices.

ETA Sportswold are there to make money also, but even at £100k per plane the price should be 50% of what they are selling.

Im going via Tel Aviv now ha!
Absolutely agree, why can't City utilise Etihad airways and provide a few planes for the fans.
I've booked Manchester - Dalaman - Istanbul worked out £340 Saturday to Tuesday.
Still to book accommodation but Istanbul is massive so no shortage of choice

Got direct flights out of Stansted for 4 of us £550 return each..fly out Friday the 9th at 07.10 and return Monday 12th 23.30
Airport return transfer £65 between 4 of us
B and B in the Kabata area of Istanbul £170 between 4 of us
Just need to sort match tickets now!
We’re on that one out of Stansted.

Anyone flying out Saturday morning and returning Sunday, can't fly before and have to be back Sunday. How is everyone getting back to the airport after the game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.