Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Personally I think its VERY poor form from the Club with a 'subsidised' day trip of £995 then its £1500 for a 2 night trip.
They use a Polish Airline through sports world and a 200 seater plane @ £995 each = £199k
Airline cost MAX £50,000 all in inc landing fees etc.
Coaches £2000 max per plane.
Staff for the day trip per plane £2000 MAX per plane.
So that's £54,000 per plane? With a £200k per plane price for the day trip?

Add on if you want to do the 2 day trip? £500 for accommodation? so it's £250 a night is it?

Poor poor show, very disappointing and seeing the people commenting on here they won't be going.

Splash on that UEFA's ticket prices.

ETA Sportswold are there to make money also, but even at £100k per plane the price should be 50% of what they are selling.

Im going via Tel Aviv now ha!

Last edited:
Outward
Liverpool - Larnaca (EasyJet) Thur 08.00 - 14.25
Nicosia - Istanbul (Pegasus) Thur 22.20 - 23.50

Return
Istanbul - Nicosia Tues Tues 13th c.2pm
Larnaca - Lpool Tues Tues 13th c.10pm

£320 all in.

Accommodation and Ticket still to purchase.
Wow. That means getting from Larnaca Airport to Ercan Airport (on the Turkish side of Cyprus, 15 miles from Nicosia). Direct taxi about €150 (ordered from the Turkish side)... There are regular "local" and "Intercity" buses from Larnaca town to Nicosia but you have to get there from the airport and find the stop (no proper bus station in Larnaca). There is a 1545 bus from the airport to Nicosia
( https://kapnosairportshuttle.com ), ends up at the "Traffic Education Park" in Nicosia from where a taxi would take you to the border in the city then walk across, taxi to Ercan or a bus at 1710 or 1900. https://kibhas.org/servisler/lefkosa
Good luck...

The return leg would be easier (taxi back to Nicosia city, bus to Larnaca town and plenty of buses to the airport, or get to the Traffic Park for the occasional Kapnos shuttle bus).

www.cyprusbybus.com is usually reliable (for the Greek side) but knowing where the places are you need to be isn't easy. And the local name for Nicosia is Lefkosa...

I get that people were hoping the club would do more and maybe subsidise some of the cost's but the truth is, even if they did, it would still be cheaper being creative and making your own arrangements. 5 of us have booked out of Stansted direct with the a one stop return with Turkish Airlines for £350 and a decent hotel in the centre near a Metro station for £40 per night each including breakfast so all in £500 for 3 nights so treating as a mini break as much as a as a football trip. Could be once in the lifetime and YOLO so one I can't miss it...

Wow. That means getting from Larnaca Airport to Ercan Airport (on the Turkish side of Cyprus, 15 miles from Nicosia). Direct taxi about €150 (ordered from the Turkish side)... There are regular "local" and "Intercity" buses from Larnaca town to Nicosia but you have to get there from the airport and find the stop (no proper bus station in Larnaca). There is a 1545 bus from the airport to Nicosia
( https://kapnosairportshuttle.com ), ends up at the "Traffic Education Park" in Nicosia from where a taxi would take you to the border in the city then walk across, taxi to Ercan or a bus at 1710 or 1900. https://kibhas.org/servisler/lefkosa
Good luck...

The return leg would be easier (taxi back to Nicosia city, bus to Larnaca town and plenty of buses to the airport, or get to the Traffic Park for the occasional Kapnos shuttle bus).

www.cyprusbybus.com is usually reliable (for the Greek side) but knowing where the places are you need to be isn't easy. And the local name for Nicosia is Lefkosa...
Or just get a taxi from Larnaca to Nicosia border, walk through and get a taxi to Ercan.

We gambled before the 1st leg of the semi with a £48 flight to Sofia from stansted and £23 all night bus to Istambul.
Then took a chance booking a direct flight back to Manc before the 2nd leg.
Got that for £140.
Got coach booked to stansted for £25.
Gambled last year aswell booking the eurostar to Paris but obviously lost the gamble then.

Get into SAW airport at 5pm on Friday, do people think it’s easiest to Taxi to Taksim square or metro? Would happily pay and jump in a taxi but seen a lot of posts about traffic.

Personally I think its VERY poor form from the Club with a 'subsidised' day trip of £995 then its £1500 for a 2 night trip.
They use a Polish Airline through sports world and a 200 seater plane @ £995 each = £199k
Airline cost MAX £50,000 all in inc landing fees etc.
Coaches £2000 max per plane.
Staff for the day trip per plane £2000 MAX per plane.
So that's £54,000 per plane? With a £200k per plane price for the day trip?

Add on if you want to do the 2 day trip? £500 for accommodation? so it's £250 a night is it?

Poor poor show, very disappointing and seeing the people commenting on here they won't be going.

Splash on that UEFA's ticket prices.

ETA Sportswold are there to make money also, but even at £100k per plane the price should be 50% of what they are selling.

Im going via Tel Aviv now ha!

I think you're massively underestimating the airlines' operating costs to run a charter like this I'm afraid

Or just get a taxi from Larnaca to Nicosia border, walk through and get a taxi to Ercan.

Thanks for the tips Vic. I was thinking of getting the hotel we used (near Kyrena on north of island, Turkish side) when we went back in December to arrange my taxi from Larnaca airport to Ercan. Thought it would be cheaper (c.€50-€60) and then on way back sort one direct from Ercan (there seems to be loads of firms advertising to do it).

Bigger concern though is problems at the borders as someone yesterday was saying if you leave and return to the island from the North and then try and cross into South for flight back to UK, you could be refused, have to pay fines etc. think it turns on whether they stamp your passport at Ercan on re-entry. Ballache really. I’m still in period to cancel so might ditch coming back that way and just get back from Istanbul another way. Thought I had found a fairly cheap and decent route but…..

Manchester to Antalya Friday PM, transfer to hotel around midnight, few hours sleep. 10:20 Antalya to Instanbul, back to Antalya Sunday 5PM, flight home Monday midnight. About 625 pp up to now, no accommodation booked yet in Istanbul.

Slightly more stressful than it needed to be as after checking flights from every airport in the world, I managed to book the wrong weekend and a separate hotel from my mates. All sorted with no extra cost by Jet2, they were absolutely great it has to be said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.