Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

I've just found indirect flights for around £420 which I don't think is going to be bettered by City or Sport Options. The only thing stopping me pulling the trigger is awaiting confirmation that it's definitely going to be in Istanbul - do you think it's pretty much a safe bet that the venue isn't going to change?
FWIW I can’t see it changing. Can’t see Erdogan losing the run off. It’d have to be pretty spectacular civil unrest to shift it. If it’s just protests it’ll be there. If it’s army in the streets shooting the protesters that’s perhaps a different issue.

NB I know fuck all.

What's it like getting from IST to the stadium/centre? Flying in on the day and leaving 7am Sunday morning as already on holiday elsewhere, so need it to run smoothly haha

What's it like getting from IST to the stadium/centre? Flying in on the day and leaving 7am Sunday morning as already on holiday elsewhere, so need it to run smoothly haha
Will the 7am be a tight turnaround? Not likely to be away from the ground til 1am earliest.

If there was the smallest chance of it moving surely city would have issued a statement this morning warning fans who are lumping on as we speak

FWIW I can’t see it changing. Can’t see Erdogan losing the run off. It’d have to be pretty spectacular civil unrest to shift it. If it’s just protests it’ll be there. If it’s army in the streets shooting the protesters that’s perhaps a different issue.

NB I know fuck all.
Well the other bloke is 7-1 to win it on Betfair so you're probably right that Erdogan has it in the bag. Might be worth a punt at that 7-1 to cover some or all of my potential losses on flight costs if it does get switched

Bit of a nightmare tbh- especially Ona. Champions league final night. It’s a fair journey out the city especially if there is rush hour traffic. I think you will have to gauge on the night the best way of getting away- taxi or public transport- in reality both going to take you over a few hours I reckon!

If there was the smallest chance of it moving surely city would have issued a statement this morning warning fans who are lumping on as we speak
Not forgetting 20000 Italians who’ve already booked! There’s not a cat in hell’s chance it’s moving. Istanbul we are coming - finally!! :-)

I've just found indirect flights for around £420 which I don't think is going to be bettered by City or Sport Options. The only thing stopping me pulling the trigger is awaiting confirmation that it's definitely going to be in Istanbul - do you think it's pretty much a safe bet that the venue isn't going to change?
I don’t think it’ll change. I’m fully booked so certainly hoping it doesn’t!

Still Flights direct from Heathrow under £500 with Turskish airlines (Friday to Monday). Pain getting to heathrow - but if anyone is on the 6.45 out (and 13.10 back - not as important) - id love to share a lift .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.