Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

It was a good enough 11 to beat most, but if we're playing a final, we play the 11 best equipped to beat all. We did so against Dortmund & PSG & got the rewards we deserved.

With everyone available yesterday, someone please explain the need to change that more solid approach? :-|
It's not just about being more solid.
At one stroke Foden and Gundo were not playing where they have been most effective this year. It affected our attacking play as well as leaving us more exposed defensively.

99% of the time, Pep is sublime. But it's the 1% of crucial matches where he veers towards the ridiculous that I don't get!

We play ManUre, & they have a shit system to beat us. Instead of making a minor adjustment to deal with their pace on the break, we stick & get beat. Against other opposition who can't handle us on our 99% days, Pep then changes what works thinking it will throw the opposition, but he only ends up throwing his own team.

Time & time again, it's the same predictable bullshit. I'd rather a City with Pep than without, but I wish someone could give his head a wobble & talk sense into him at crucial times like last night! :-(
latest

Appointment book

Monday

9am Tony Sporano

10am - 5pm Raheem Sterling

Tuesday thru to Friday

9am - 5pm Pep Guardiola( note to self remove any whiteboards)

I'm 100% convinced we will not win the CL with Pep now. It's not that he never ever can but I just think he's run out of road. I can't see him being here beyond 2023 so he's basically git 2 more goes at it and like you, I think even if we do get to another final next year or the year after, I think he'll tool it in again
The eleven that started last night have never started a game for us ever.

Pep fully believes in his style of football. He won’t change or compromise it. I respect that. It beats most teams week in week out. But to beat the better sides,equipped with better players.Who play fast counter footy. You need something extra which we now seem to be lacking.
Am rambling maybe other factors were in play but not being flexible in style certainly hampers us at times.

It wasn't handball was it. MAHREZ - Can we have a word how he fucking disappeared and when he appeared you wish he'd fucking disappear?
Agreed. The number of times he'd move inside so there would be no out wide ball and it's back to the back 4.

I understand that Chilwell thought he had a lob on in the changing room after the match.... when he dropped his shorts, Mahrez crawled out of his pocket.

He left VK out of his team for ages due to not trusting him to stay fit, he was on the bench loads until he got back in and then that led to the goal of goals.

I never said VK's injuries were Pep's fault, though he may have contributed to Aguero's by making him into a pressing forward, something he really wasn't before but that is just conjecture on my part.
When Vinnie kept breaking down on almost every return yes. Anytime he proved his fitness he basically played. The respect between Vinnie and Pep is huge,

I'm 100% convinced we will not win the CL with Pep now. It's not that he never ever can but I just think he's run out of road. I can't see him being here beyond 2023 so he's basically git 2 more goes at it and like you, I think even if we do get to another final next year or the year after, I think he'll tool it in again
Agree he will be gone but he’s had no strikers all season. The only real option last night was fern should of started instead of Gundy.

if pep had 2 top strikers in this team we will win it. We had nothing on our bench last night that could really change the game & that inc Aguero sadly

2/3 new players & we will win this next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.