Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

We will come back stronger next year!

Got the experience... I am confident. Hope Pep has learnt his lesson about tweaking in the biggest game of them all

He looks a right tit today,for doubling down.Getting flak from everywhere for dropping Fern to the Bench.

Should have held up his Hands, and said this was the biggest fuck up of his managerial career.Which it was.

Not a bit of it.

His genius was not to be questioned.

We played not so good first half,better in the second.

His tactics had fuck all to do with the defeat.

Plucky City,the Club with no history until his Ego arrived,gave a good account of their selves against a Big Club,with lots of history.

I wonder how key players feel today.

Got a feeling we have not heard the last of this debacle.
I would get rid if the club really wants to dominate

Unpopular I know but Pep knows he safe here. He tinkers at times with the team

Last nights selection was embarrassing.

I bet everyone when the team was announced thought what the fuck!

I don't believe for one second that Pep picked a team that he didn't think would win. He felt the same for the Lyon game too I'm sure. But like me and everyone of us, we are prone to a brain fart or two in our lives. I don't have an alarm that goes off to warn me when I'm about to have one. Usually for me it's the Mrs or the Boss at work who tells to me hold on a minute before I crash and burn and make a twat out of myself. So my question is where is Pep staff when he has them? That's their job surely or is that structure a dictatorship?

We may all have to accept that we wont win this bent competition with Pep at the helm. Personally I am okay with that as I only care about the domestic stuff anyway but I accept I’m probably in the minority with that view.
It’s just that year after year after year after year he tries to be clever when what is required in the CL is pragmatism. He does it in big league games too but we invariably have 30+ games to make up for it in the league.

I’ll be quite happy to wait for success in europe until after Pep has left which I hope is in a few more years yet.

My only frustration this morning is that I believe Pep doesn’t see City as ‘big enough’ or ‘historically important enough’ to really be at the very top table and consequently feels the need to try and over egg the pudding in compensation.

Let’s have another few years of domestic success and worry about Europe when we change manager eventually.
I aggree.

Also all our best runs under his management, have come with injuries to key players,meanning the team picks it self.Good runs with injuries to KDB,LaPorte,Vinny.

It is like the injuries control the urge to tinker.

When we went on that record breaking winning run,it was with a back 2 central defender pairing of Stones/Dias every game.

Not only were we not losing,we were not even conceeding.

A normal manager would have changed fuck all.And Said i will see where this team takes us,that should have been the logic.

Not Pep,soon as La Porte recovered from injury,the tinkering started.

Just like that we started conceeding again,then losing.

It is like he can not help himself with a full squad.

Last night we needed an assistant manager that called him out before kick off,instead of "Yes Men"

We will come back stronger next year!

Got the experience... I am confident. Hope Pep has learnt his lesson about tweaking in the biggest game of them all
He hasn’t learnt because he did it in Lyon and did it again yesterday. He’s had five years to learn how to play against a 5 back team and we still can’t do it. Also what experience? The experience of not turning up and losing?

Sterling is near enough done at City. It's not an over reaction to last night. If Foden is gonna keep getting played on the left wing then there's no way he's getting that spot back. Mahrez has been bang on form this season and arguably offers more than Sterling also.

It's no coincidence when we have a BIG game Pep overthinks it...the evidence is for all to see.....

Yet again, a stonewall penalty turned down.....

I am running out of words.....

In fairness to bluemoon while all team selections get some stick the one's that have had the biggest reactions have all resulted in our worse games and in fairness yesterday in the pre-match alarm bells were ringing, said to my lad we are playing with a back 4 and a front 6 when team was announced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.