Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

He also saves us a hell of a lot of goals too doing a very similar thing.

Definitely not his fault IMO.
Definitely is. He is good. Not gonna dispute it. But how many times does he rush off his line and gets fucking done. Look at Spurs earlier this season. Same shit all the time

We will come back stronger next year!

Got the experience... I am confident. Hope Pep has learnt his lesson about tweaking in the biggest game of them all
Well in typical UEFA wisdom they’re playing next years final in st Petersburg

Don’t fancy being mugged off for a £600 flight and £120 visa only for pep to ruin it again with an absurd team that gives us no chance

nah fuck that.. hope we get knocked out in the group phase

You have to say that Tuchel completely out-managed Pep from start to finish. The art of management is not only get your team to play how you want them to but to get the opposing team to play how you want them to and Tuchel did this to perfection. Chelsea never once looked out of shape and they never needed to change formation throughout the game. We started with no DM or striker but ended with with one DM & two strikers, by which time we were shambolic.

I suppose this answers the question of what we do when Pep eventually leaves. We get another good manager who knows how to set up a very good squad of players for important games.

Definitely is. He is good. Not gonna dispute it. But how many times does he rush off his line and gets fucking done. Look at Spurs earlier this season. Same shit all the time

The pros outweigh the cons.

Ederson snuffs out a huge amount of opposition chances throughout a season coming off his line. He has to, with the amount of space we leave in behind, and he's all-round brilliant at it.

From time to time he's going to get beaten. I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bath water here.

I think we need a holding midfielder as well. If Rodri and Fernandinho aren't good enough to start a Champions League final ahead of a player for whom it's not his natural position, then we need to improve it.
Fernandinho should of definitely started. Pep was obviously going for the attacking, controlling the game/possession approach with the Gundo, KDB, and Bernardo midfield but that never worked. He gambled and it backfired massively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.