Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a Champions league final do people expect us to play some chump and beat them 4-0. Gonna be a close game of course but I don’t doubt Pep and these players for one second. Look at how much it meant to them last night they’ll give it everything they’ve got. All week all we heard was how good PSG’s away record was and they came here and had zero shots on target.

23 days to Armageddon so. We will not survive as a species AND be in a CL final. It's inevitable. Sorry folks.

Problem we have is Chelsea posses what we most struggle against. They have amazing pace on the break. This is not going to be a fun watch we will dominate possession but Chelsea will be very dangerous on the counter. They also have the ability to pass through our press. They are fantastic at what they do

whilst we had many first team players absent for the semi they also where missing kovacic who improves them immeasurably.

For me it is simple whoever scores first wins the game. Dreading it already (especially as my dad is a Chelsea fan)

All of a sudden I am upset re: that FA Cup semi-final defeat again ... what a chance we had for a Quad and we literally just threw it away ... it was the manner of the defeat where we didn't even try to change anything having five subs allowed and available and plenty of time to do something about it but it was like we just didn't care and were playing a pre-season friendly (not even Community Shield) ... talking of Community Shield, won't be surprised if we start the next season by playing against Chelsea again in that, given they're hot favourites for the FA Cup as well.

But in hindsight ... if I was told BEFORE that FA Cup semi-final that we'd play them in the Champions League Final and I could chose one to win, I'd happily have let that one go ... (so we better win the CL Final now).

This week ... win the PL beating them, in a few weeks ... win the CL beating them, then in a few months start the season with a trophy (CS) beating them again ... and I have already said in a few places that they (Chelsea) will be our main title challengers next season, not Scousers, not Rags ... but them!

It will be a very tough game, Chelsea have a lot of pace going forward.
True....but do they have any better than Neymar Haaland & Mbappe? We dealt with them & will deal with Werner Pulisic & Ziyech on the break, we are a different animal in Europe and I expect us to arrive fresher, with no injuries and a real desire to win, the fa cup was a little warning but Pep has had a good look at Tuchels team & will have the game plan to win it

I'm glad we are playing Chelsea....I always prefer to see a premiership team win in CL games (except 1 or 2 certain red tops).....and dare I say, I expect a decent and fairer game without histrionics, fannying about and rolling around on the floor.

I expect a great game...I'm looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.