Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of a sudden I am upset re: that FA Cup semi-final defeat again ... what a chance we had for a Quad and we literally just threw it away ... it was the manner of the defeat where we didn't even try to change anything having five subs allowed and available and plenty of time to do something about it but it was like we just didn't care and were playing a pre-season friendly (not even Community Shield) ... talking of Community Shield, won't be surprised if we start the next season by playing against Chelsea again in that, given they're hot favourites for the FA Cup as well.

But in hindsight ... if I was told BEFORE that FA Cup semi-final that we'd play them in the Champions League Final and I could chose one to win, I'd happily have let that one go ... (so we better win the CL Final now).

This week ... win the PL beating them, in a few weeks ... win the CL beating them, then in a few months start the season with a trophy (CS) beating them again ... and I have already said in a few places that they (Chelsea) will be our main title challengers next season, not Scousers, not Rags ... but them!
it will be very very intersting to see what teams both managers pick...will Pep for instance go with his strongest 11 or will he now rotate which will leave us not quite as strong.....same with Tuchel - who has much more to lose as they still need to get top 4 (unless the aim to qualify by winning it of course)

Realised I posted this in the wrong thread:
Just checking back, only 3 of our starting XI from Tuesday started the FA Cup semi against them (Dias, Fernandinho, KDB).
and KDB was bloody awful that day (along with the rest of them it has to be said) - i cant imagine he will play that badly again

Ever since the knockout draw was made, Chelsea have been the team I’ve most wanted to avoid.

We’ve tended to struggle against teams that play 3 at the back - Wolves and Lyon being prime examples last season and Chelsea in the Cup this season.

Man for man we’re a much better side and on paper should win, but this is the least confident I’ve ever been going in to a final (although I’d still have us as slight favourites).

I’d rather drag them over to Turkey with us then play in their home City Wembley .
If there only going to be 10 or 15k
Fans then Villa Park would be ideal.

Sorry mate for coming across a dick, but like fuck UEFA are going to host a champions league final at Villa Park. They’ve got fuck all brains between them and all the care about is their deals they’ve got going on. Villa Park would be a good shout from a fans point of view, but it ain’t happening.

Problem we have is Chelsea posses what we most struggle against. They have amazing pace on the break. This is not going to be a fun watch we will dominate possession but Chelsea will be very dangerous on the counter. They also have the ability to pass through our press. They are fantastic at what they do

whilst we had many first team players absent for the semi they also where missing kovacic who improves them immeasurably.

For me it is simple whoever scores first wins the game. Dreading it already (especially as my dad is a Chelsea fan)
PSG and Dortmund have just as much pace if not more. Only 3 of our 11 from last night started the SF. 8 of our 11 from last night started away at Chelsea in the League and we were 3-0 up at ht, though they now have a better manager and play a different system. Even then in the SF we had just over double their attempts at goal, so man up, and believe.

and KDB was bloody awful that day (along with the rest of them it has to be said) - i cant imagine he will play that badly again
Yep. It reassured me a bit, checking back to see that it was so few of what has now evolved to be our best XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.