Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well consider this scenario ... should Chelsea win the CL and finish outside top four in the league, and that fourth place goes to Liverpool ... and Arsenal win the Europa League (to make it fifth team in CL from England) then only top 3 of PL would go to CL next season and fourth placed team would have to miss out ... so if that's the scenario before we play the CL ... the whole of Liverpool will be cheering us on, lol!

Seriously tricky build up for Chelsea to Istanbul. Beat them at the weekend and the pressure is on for them. We can't give them wriggle room. They'll be worn out come the end of the month if we turn them over at the weekend

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210505_222420_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505_222420_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 25
I think most are measuring this on our under strengthened semi defeat... full strength, I think we win and win well.

Obviously it’s a final and curve balls can be thrown, however I think we’ll be a different animal, may not be pretty but an early goal from our side changes the whole landscape, Chelsea thrive on being tight and hitting on the counter, however their plan B is a little suspect!

We are getting done on the counter. :(
Got bad vibes about this one.

Play the right team and we'll be fine.

What we've learnt from teams like the Rags is that we need to hit them with high energy, speed, and mobility. Phil, Bern, Dinho, and Walker are a must.

Best two teams in Europe for me right now. Difficult game for both. Who ever takes the chances will win as both miss a lot. Kante is their work horse cut him out & we will control the game

Ever since the knockout draw was made, Chelsea have been the team I’ve most wanted to avoid.

We’ve tended to struggle against teams that play 3 at the back - Wolves and Lyon being prime examples last season and Chelsea in the Cup this season.

Man for man we’re a much better side and on paper should win, but this is the least confident I’ve ever been going in to a final (although I’d still have us as slight favourites).
I know exactly what you mean - new coach momentum and all that.

PSG are a better counter attacking side and we stopped them well. Chelsea are very good but the plus they have is their backline is much better than PSG's, it'll be a very tough test. Also, lots to play between now and then. You have to beat what's in front of you, beat the best to claim the crown. We'll have to do the same no matter opposition. It's a side Pep knows well, and we won't play the way we did in the FA Cup semi final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.