Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither bernardo or phil started against chelsea and from this table. This shows how important those two are to how we play

Tbh when you take sample sizes into account, that really just says we're better off with Foden playing, with or without Bernardo.

Of course, we're better with Bernardo playing, but that list above would suggest results are more dependant on Foden.

Neither bernardo or phil started against chelsea and from this table. This shows how important those two are to how we play

It really doesnt need a stats table to prove we are better with Bernie and Foden in the team.....eyesight does that task just fine.

I hope Pep and the coaching team are giving due importance to successful penalty saves from our GKs and penalty conversion throughout the team. Chelsea are a very good defensive unit and the final could well be decided on a deep penalty shootout.

They say Pep constantly thinks about football, he needs to address our longstanding poor penalty conversion rate.

(Personally I think it's also worth seeing if Steffan is consistently better at saving penalties than Ederson? Ederson is brilliant at distribution but Steffan has a longer reach and looks to have quicker reflexes to me, it may be worth a swap just before the end of injury time, with Ederson retained as an outfield player for his powerful penalty conversion?)

Emmmmm.... Apart from Kante (maybe Mendy, rudiger, Werner but they aren't "massive" players imo) an unbeatable Chelsea have just been beaten at home by arsenal... Who knows we might get them to penalties if we're really really lucky...

For all the bluster, Chelsea could very conceivably finish 5th, lose both cup finals and their season all of a sudden is a disaster
I think unless Kane, Halaand or Mbappe goes to the rags or the dippers Chelsea will be our main rivals next season. As regards this season we are clearly better than them and Pep has very cleverly kept his powder dry in our recent two games with them so unless they get the opening goal I think we will trouble them a lot more in Portugal than they will trouble us.

I hope Pep and the coaching team are giving due importance to successful penalty saves from our GKs and penalty conversion throughout the team. Chelsea are a very good defensive unit and the final could well be decided on a deep penalty shootout.

They say Pep constantly thinks about football, he needs to address our longstanding poor penalty conversion rate.

(Personally I think it's also worth seeing if Steffan is consistently better at saving penalties than Ederson? Ederson is brilliant at distribution but Steffan has a longer reach and looks to have quicker reflexes to me, it may be worth a swap just before the end of injury time, with Ederson retained as an outfield player for his powerful penalty conversion?)
David James all over again. Put Eddy up front for the last minute of extra time and we won’t need penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.