Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
City score first.....Chelsea heads drop. Chelsea score first....we stick to the script.
Considering how many times we've been on the brink and triumphed ( apart from a couple of aberrations) "bottle" will not be a factor for the players, the fans however......:)

Feels like this time in two weeks we could be looking at this city team being the greatest team since the start of the premier league (despite what they will concoct in their WhatsApp groups)
If we win the champions league then pep will have...
Won 3 leagues in 4 years
Won 4 league cups on bounce
Only ever centurion’s
Only ever domestic treble winners
Treble including champions league
Record away wins
Record goals
Record wins in a row

The Arsenal defeat was a disaster for them
Win that and Liverpool are no threat to top 4 and they can stride confidently into 2 finals with nothing other than those 2 games to fully concentrate on
Having lost it they are genuinely in a scrap for top 4 and the pre Arsenal confidence has evaporated
They looked like a Lampard side at the end of his reign yesterday

5th and losing 2 cup finals is now very much a possibility

I'm not sure the FA Cup kids makes much difference. Had they won, they might have had more confidence and momentum. But on the other hand, yesterday will have hurt them. "Remember what losing at Wembley felt like and don't repeat it" will be their motivation. They'll throw everything at it.
Even if they lose to Leicester again and need to win on the last day of the season to qualify for the CL, I'm not sure it will harm them. Yes, they'll have had to play their best side. But then again, they'll have been playing together, whereas we'll have been rotating, and we may not be quite in the groove.

From our point of view, there's no doubt that if we play as well as we can, we'll win. But the fact that we've won the league and can focus on the CL final is also creating pressure for us. We are spending 3 weeks disguising on one march - I think that's less helpful than the "just think about the next match" approach.

Who knows, it'll be close each way.
Yes, agreed. Whether Chelsea won or lost yesterday, a spin either way could be put on it.

The Arsenal defeat was a disaster for them
Win that and Liverpool are no threat to top 4 and they can stride confidently into 2 finals with nothing other than those 2 games to fully concentrate on
Having lost it they are genuinely in a scrap for top 4 and the pre Arsenal confidence has evaporated
They looked like a Lampard side at the end of his reign yesterday

5th and losing 2 cup finals is now very much a possibility
They really need to beat Leicester on Tuesday, otherwise liverpool likely to get their top 4 spot.

Dear God and Baby Jesus,

If you can see to it that my beloved City win this trophy on Saturday 29th May 2021, I promise never to ask you for anything ever again.

Amen

P.S. I'm not sleeping well, I've lost weight and been told to focus more at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.